Views: 11904|Replies: 45

Is it suitable for kids to study financial courses?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-11-1 22:11:28 |Display all floors
A business institution recently introduced a new project - "Commercial school for children” in the west China city of Chengdu. The school aims to educate children about money management and endow them with a spirit of entrepreneurship. We have learned that their students are aged between 7 and 11, most of them come from rich families, and the school's tuition fees are about 30,000 yuan a year. Lessons employing British teaching materials, interactive games, and practical courses are their commercial strengths; with the help of advertising stunts, financial literacy for kids is becoming a new talking topic among Chinese parents. But some question whether it is necessary to train children in financial skills.

Money is a good servant but a bad master. If children lack a financial education they are likely to misunderstand money or make mistakes. As more children begin to handle sums off cash in China, their parents are becoming aware of the importance of a financial education. Nowadays, people's financial literacy is closely related to the quality of their social life, and therefore getting children acquainted with money management skills is an important and necessary part of responsible parenting.

News of this "commercial school for children" will perhaps remind Chinese educators that the promotion of a financial education for children is very important. The second generation rich should not be the only ones to have access to a financial education; every child needs to acquire a sound knowledge of financial matters.

Is it suitable for kids to study financial courses? I guess everyone holds your own opinions on that.

I think it is ok for children to learn more about financial knowledge. If I have a child, I will let him/her experience "money" at early age, which may be good for them.{:soso_e104:}

Laying foundation for being a rich!!! Hahaha!{:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 07:37:57 |Display all floors

as long as their nannies are not being charged for $1,000 fines!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-11-2 11:00:30 |Display all floors
Learning a little financial basic knowledge is good to Kids. no matter  the Poor or rich,kids need such education as early as possible

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-2 11:08:13 |Display all floors
very good and timely!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 13:29:11 |Display all floors
listen first this course to kids ,but i think financial course is a good course for anyone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 20:13:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-2 13:46
They are obviously TOO YOUNG while the courses obviously are too sophisticated for them. This is a t ...

Some parents are too urgent to educate their children to be a successful figure with big money. How do you like it, seneca?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-2 20:14:10 |Display all floors
jordan_c_fan Post time: 2013-11-2 07:37
It is fine for kids to study financial courses as long as their nannies are not being charged for $1 ...

OK!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.