Author: Steve_lin

Would you buy a car that's made in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-6 18:11:11 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-11-6 17:45
Like I said already, Chinese motor manufacturers are making the mistake of running before they hav ...

Indeed, It's got me beat why China would want to put junk in a mature market, it's not doing them any favours.

I agree entirely, SE Asia is the logical next step for the better Chinese auto makers, but even so they are going to have to raise their game to go up against some of the local SE Asian manufacturers like Proton who are building some quite reasonable cars for their price point.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-11-7 03:30:15 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-11-6 18:15
Really!

Then the talks and discussions I read the Tata brothers are to relocate the JRL to China  ...

Dont believe all you read, unless it's on the BBS

Esp my post's

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-11-7 06:54:51 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-11-6 16:52
Land Rover and Jaguar may be owned by an Indian but none of the design, engineering or manufacturi ...

IVE also had a few Land Rovers.....they don't hold up..and they are overpriced....Forget Jags....they are still a Nightmare....

you know what the old lady said....to each his own...as she kissed the cows butt..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-11-7 07:42:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 09:32:03 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2013-11-7 07:42
Cherry and Great Wall are my two favourite cars. I like some Chinese dirtbikes too. I like the price ...

Try the new Benelli (I think thats the brand). I was reading about it in one of the Aussie bike magazines just before heading back to the Middle Kingdom last month. Italian Designed but made in China. Gotta disagree with you on the Dirt Bikes though.
And the Great Wall Utes are ok. I use one on my farm. (I bought it simply because of the price) Haven't had any problems with it.
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-7 11:11:17 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-11-7 06:54
IVE also had a few Land Rovers.....they don't hold up..and they are overpriced....Forget Jags....t ...

When you've crossed Australia, Africa and Russia by Land Rover without issue a few times Snappy I'll believe you. I had a few Jeeps and they are total crapola. Two are still out in the desert where they died. The Landy's you get in the USA aren't indicative of the marque, you get watered down versions and models like the Defender haven't been available in the States for years. Funny that the US Rangers Alpha company uses LR Defenders rather than Hummers as the Hummers break down once they get off moderately rough terrain and in to the hard stuff.

As for Jags, well they have some interesting servicing issues in the older cars and require no more servicing than any other high performance vehicle from Europe.  Of course there's a slight difference between the EU marques and the US toys... performance in the twisty bits of roads for example.

As you say each to their own, I'd rather a real vehicle than a septic tank toy.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 11:35:38 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-11-6 17:53

Nice try Austin.

Car maker: VW (Germany)
Car model: Jetta

Story of the pic: Some company staff memebers went out to celebrate and got drunk, they then decided to push the care back instead of risking to drive it under the effects!

Next time do a better job!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.