Author: Steve_lin

Would you buy a car that's made in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-7 21:56:20 |Display all floors
India also owns their iron manufacturing industry.

It really is a disgrace for a former superpower to basically lose all its industrial backbone to foreigners.
Foreign companies now virtually own and run nearly all Britain's hardcore industrial and utility services.
The British are now only good are running and rigging banks, and taking cash registers at their Tesco outlets.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-8 00:14:42 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-11-7 20:36
It doesn't matter what part of production is taking place in UK or India or china ( coming future) ...

I do not dispute that. However as I have stated, none of the engineering or design work has anything to do with Tata Motors India, the JRL arm is entirely independent in operation. If you actually knew anything about the operational structure of Tata you'd know this.

As for the Ambassador, ever driven one? It's hardly a great vehicle by today's standards.   It's based an old Morris Oxford III from the early to mid 50s that has essentially remained unchanged in most facets since Hindustan Motors started production of them in 1959 or so. Despite it's UK origins it's considered to be an Indian car despite all of the tooling being acquired from the UK and also the license to make them. Hmm that reminds of the oft said "Cricket is an Indian game accidentally invented by the English"
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 02:08:22 |Display all floors
Jaguar Land rover sales statistics after acquisition in 2008
ty.PNG

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-11-8 09:07:51 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-11-7 11:11
When you've crossed Australia, Africa and Russia by Land Rover without issue a few times Snappy I' ...

My Daughter bought a Range Rover Sport  (in New York).....Nice Car....Expensive....lotsa repairs.....You're right Jeeps and Hummer, don't hold up...

For the most part I've been buying Mercedes for 30 years...they work well FOR ME.......

We lost 7 cars from "SUPER STORM SANDY" For about 3 months I was driving a Infinity SUV...the BIG one( QX something) It was a really nice truck....I should have bought it....but I didn't
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 11:29:39 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-11-8 00:14
I do not dispute that. However as I have stated, none of the engineering or design work has anythi ...

Well it was TATA's decision to let the current team run the operation. Tata not only saved ( paid) JLR but also invested in them. The decision has its own strategic importance, every company works for profit. The turn around story of JLR is subject of management case studies, why you think TATA was successful where even FORD failed ?  What you are saying here is that 'Tetley is also a UK company ?   ( or Brits do not loose face by saying that a Tea company was acquired by Indian company)
If you know anything about company/ organization / structure then you will know that TATA has interests in almost every area and yes they let each branch run independently like an BU.

- I liked Ambassador because of the shape .... something  special in that Fat car which attracts me.
- True that cricket was invented in England but now worshipped in India. Sadly enough  the inventor of the game has not won any major tournament....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 11:31:40 |Display all floors
Winston_Pang Post time: 2013-11-7 21:56
India also owns their iron manufacturing industry.

It really is a disgrace for a former superpower  ...

The financial sector wont be able to sustain there economy for long......

eventually they will left with fish +chips outlets....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-8 12:05:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greendragon at 2013-11-8 13:20
Kbay Post time: 2013-11-6 16:48
In theory, there is NO need for private motor cars in Hong Kong, because we are so efficiently end ...

Pandaboy!

Exactly! thanks for your comfirmation.
HK is compact, public transportation is a no brainer. MTR are accessable, Taxis are plentiful>>>>you don't need cars in HK. Your opinion about KL is accurate, in fact - most people don't bother abour public transportation - mostly PARKING in the MALL-OFFICE COMPLEX - not much PEDESTRIAN facilities except for the new OVERHEAD WALKWAYS in the CITY CENTRE. <most accurate>

Materials needs for automotive component is up to 6-7% gdp in other MOTORISED state is absent in HK>>>
now let's see what CHINA will come up with, rather interesting !!!!

LOOK OUT>>>>China & USA going for the BUDGET CARS game----use for 5 years and re export to 3rd countries or rural regions>>>>>US$6,000 to US$15,000 automobile game.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.