Author: Steve_lin

Would you buy a car that's made in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-7 11:36:59 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-5 19:50
Of course, I would drive a chinese car, if I can find the right one for me here in Australia - it is ...

Most of the oversized safety USVs that drivew in front of the big trucks along the A1 up the Sunshine coast are Great Wall brand!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 14:37:55 |Display all floors
I bought a Zotye 1.3 four years ago and it has now done 76000 km, cost 50k new and the car has been a dream. No major faults at all and still has the same tyres and brake linings on it.

OH and I am a Mercedes Benz Tech.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 18:06:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 20:32:19 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-11-6 16:52
Land Rover and Jaguar may be owned by an Indian but none of the design, engineering or manufacturi ...

"Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC is a public limited company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales (Company No. 06477691). The immediate parent undertaking of Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC is TML Singapore Pte Limited and the ultimate parent undertaking and controlling party is Tata Motors Limited of India.[23] The founder of Tata Motors, Ratan Tata, was chairman and director from 2008 to December 2012"

Ambassador was actually not a bad car...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 20:36:13 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-11-6 18:05
Not the case. JRL is outside of direct Tata Motors control. They've spend close on 2 billion on ne ...

It doesn't matter what part of production is taking place in UK or India or china ( coming future). The strategy is made in India and it was Ratan Tata who steered the company into profit after JV.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:24:16 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-11-7 20:36
It doesn't matter what part of production is taking place in UK or India or china ( coming future) ...

Precisely!

It is a disgrace the British keep try taking the credit for Rover's success.
On their TV adverts/show in the UK, BMW and Toyotas are always refer to as German and Japanese made cars, but Jaguar and Randge Rovers always "the best British".

When they were sold to the Tata of India, JLR was fit only for the scrap yard.

Well done India.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:47:05 |Display all floors
Winston_Pang Post time: 2013-11-7 21:24
Precisely!

It is a disgrace the British keep try taking the credit for Rover's success.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.