Views: 5142|Replies: 21

World rethinks opinion on Putin’s Russia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-1 10:39:34 |Display all floors
World rethinks opinion on Putin’s Russia

[Global Times | 2013-11-1 0:08:01
By Global Times

Russian President Vladimir Putin tops his US counterpart Barack Obama on the Forbes list for "world's most powerful person." The news has become one of the hottest topics in the world.

Russian media are pleased with the ranking and public opinion in China also reacted positively. Proceeding from the nation's geopolitical interests, the Chinese public is willing to see a strong Russia, although Moscow is on a different road now.

Most support the reversal of Putin and Obama in the Forbes list. Russia successfully challenged the US in the Edward Snowden affair and Syrian chemical weapons crisis. Mature diplomacy allows Moscow extraordinary clout beyond its national strength while, in contrast, Obama acted reluctantly and lacked decisiveness in making decision at the critical moment.

The world now has to reflect on whether it underestimated Russia's strength and its resolution to use power. This year, Russia is having its heyday since the disintegration of the Soviet Union.

Chinese society has rapidly increased their affection for Russia and Putin in recent years, which is good for cementing the China-Russia comprehensive strategic and cooperative partnership. The Chinese public needs to foster a thorough understanding of Russia and avoid any misinterpretation. It requires us to assess Russia and the bilateral relations objectively rather than building the evaluation upon our subjective preference.

There is an expectation among the Chinese public that China and Russia should ally to counter the US. Some people even hope a formidable Russia could divert US pressure away from China. But we have to be clear that the comprehensive strategic and cooperative partnership between China and Russia is not a panacea for all difficulties facing China on the international stage. It forms a consolidated back-to-back strategic posture. But China has to count on itself to thrive on major strategic challenges.

Russia won't engage in a confrontation with the US like the one in the Cold War era. The US has listed China as its top rival. It's unrealistic that some in China are anchoring their hope on Russia to assume a leading role in countering the US. Besides, Japan could directly ask for help from the US once a military clash between China and Japan breaks out, but China couldn't reckon on Russia.

The rise of Russia will add its diplomatic ambition. China is likely to see new problems when dealing with a more assertive Russia. A rising Russian influence is worth applauding. It will speed up a multilateral world.

The Chinese public congratulates Putin being anointed as the world's most influential person with sincerity. It shows the China-Russia comprehensive strategic and cooperative partnership has been deeply rooted in two societies.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 11:41:46 |Display all floors
Congratulations to Mr. Putin.

I do think Mr Putin is a charismatic leader of Russia with the characteristics of perserverance, toughness. He means what he says, instead of mumbo jumbo. I especially admire his remark - There's no negotiation about territory, but war. I watched a clip of a song he sang, and I was very impressed.

I wish the friendship of Sino-Russia becomes more stronger than ever.

It's a pity that our friendly Russian forumite Smithy is missing.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 11:47:00 |Display all floors
At one time, even Hitler has been considered as most powerful man in the world by many rats.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 11:48:52 |Display all floors
The opinion of Forbes is actually immaterial, in the context of its many other opinions, except that this opinion of its editors suprises those familiar with its prejudices and biases.  How could Forbes REALLY rank Putin above it own country's President, except for the fact that Obama is BLACK?  A White Putin has to be better than a Black Obama.  Now, this makes perfect sense for Forbes.

One has to feel sorry for Putin to be so used by Forbes under such a thin veneer of racist bias.

Obama, for his part, is probably used to all kinds of racist innuendoes, and could not care less what Forbes had to say.

Having said that, we should congratulate all the top three contenders, Putin, Obama and Xi, because in reality, their power and influence within the spheres of their activity are practically equivalent.  You cannot compare apples, oranges and pears.  All three belong to the top circles of power, no matter how one views their races.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 13:18:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-11-1 13:14

Seriously speaking, had it been a Russian Navy firing drill, would Japan be messing around with the Russian Navy, as it did with the China's PLA Navy? That would be my thoughts about Putin's Russia!

认真说起来.
  如果那是 一个俄罗斯海军射击演习,将日本可以瞎搞,
俄罗斯海军的那样,日本所做与中国的解放军海军?
这将是我的想法
关于普京领导下的俄罗斯!

Translation...(not absolute)...

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-905689-1-1.html
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 13:37:11 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-1 11:41
Congratulations to Mr. Putin.

I do think Mr Putin is a charismatic leader of Russia with the chara ...

he is VERY SUCCESSFUL, the RUSSIAN federation now is UP UP in economic rankings via his efforts and reforms

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-1 14:12:21 |Display all floors
The US has listed China as its top rival.

The mongoose and the king cobra are natural enemies in the wild!

猫鼬和眼镜蛇王是天然的敌人,在野生环境!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.