Views: 5315|Replies: 9

Why Western women won't date Chinese men?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-30 11:16:38 |Display all floors
While Western men often date Chinese girls, it's quite rare to see Western women with Chinese men. Why? Do Western women have a bias against Chinese men?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-30 13:04:00 |Display all floors
westren women,where are you, dating with me....

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-30 13:24:28 |Display all floors
I read a blog by Jonna Wibelius, a Sweden who has spent the last 7 years living in England, Australia, Finland and now China (Shanghai/Suzhou since 2006). In the blog, she says the following are the reasons why Western women don't date Chinese men.

1. Western girls are taller/ have got 'bigger bones' than most Chinese men, and often look/are bigger than Chi men. A girl doesn't want to feel 'bigger' than her men and a man doesn't want to feel smaller than his woman...

2. Culture differences: many Western women are quite independent and used to sharing the house chores with their men. In many Chinese cities, the woman is expected (regardless if she has a full time job or not) to take care of the household, make dinner, and so on, with no additional help from the man (except for if she lives in Shanghai! The Shanghai men are apparently real house helpers). I find it hard to imagine a western woman settling for this when she's been brought up in a completely different society. At least I know I wouldn't.

3. Language barrier (needs no further explanation)

4. Lack of mutual attraction?!
When I first moved to China I caught myself thinking that 'I will never find an Asian man attractive... they are just not my style....' But then, something happened?! I don't know if my eyes needed time to adjust to the different scene or what... but suddenly I started to see attractive Asian men on the streets (China, Korean, Japanese...)
I think it might have something to do with the fact that you first come, and think that everyone looks the same (this goes both ways: many Chinese have told me that they think all western people look the same) and then it takes a while for your eyes to adjust and actually distinct people? Anyways, that's how I felt it was.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-30 14:40:02 From mobile |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Posted On 2013-10-30 11:16:38
While Western men often date Chinese girls, it's quite rare to see Western women with Chinese men. W...

because Chinese men's sexual ability is not stronger than foreign people!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-31 10:07:55 |Display all floors
very old topic.....lets not hurt the sentiments of Chi men again by discussing the length and girth

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-31 15:14:43 |Display all floors
After spending time with some of my married Chinese friends, I think the answer is very simple... No self respecting, independent Western woman wants to take care of a whiny , needy man! Obviously, not all Chinese men behave this way, but there appears to be a large percentage of Chinese men who have been excessively pampered  and babied by their parents. They have never been taught how to care for themselves, and so they expect their future spouse to pamper them as well.  A Western woman wants a partner, not an infant!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-31 15:47:40 |Display all floors
Actually a chinese also wants a partner,not a infant。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.