Author: 1584austin

Are Indian Students Brighter Than Chinese Students?   [Copy link] 中文

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-27 10:12:59 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-27 10:08
my conclusions about American universities is also based on my own 'limited experience, limited 'f ...

hehe

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-27 10:15:01 |Display all floors
zakoi Post time: 2013-10-27 09:24
1.        Indian educational system is very much decentralized. Each state has their own educational boar ...

good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-27 10:17:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-27 10:22:14 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-27 10:05
As best as I can remember, history is compulsory upto year 10 in most school boards in India. of c ...

It was told me by one Indian Student in China. Geography and History are alternative subjects, not compulsory. Even Hindi is not compulsory. He is a Bengali Brahmin.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-27 10:25:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-27 12:48
zakoi Post time: 2013-10-27 12:22
It was told me by one Indian Student in China. Geography and History are alternative subjects, not ...

it does not matter whether he is Bengali or brahmin. He must have meant the choice of subjects AFTER year 10, until then there is a common syllabus for everyone and then you can elect to choose science or humanities (which includes History, Geography, Commerce, Arts, Economics).. Indian school syllabus is well designed.
hindi is compulsory in some states at a higher level, but not in other states. In almost all states, hindi is compulsory at some level, either primary or secondary, depending on the school board. There are even school boards in India who follow the British syllabus and are 'affiliated' to some British school boards - this is the result of pandering to all and servility towards the British in India..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-27 12:15:56 |Display all floors
Indian education system is not well designed to create skilled labour. Otherwise with a population of 1.27 billion would dominate the world labour market. Chinese vocational training schools have been producing  better skilled labour.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-27 18:23:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-27 20:24
zakoi Post time: 2013-10-27 14:15
Indian education system is not well designed to create skilled labour. Otherwise with a population o ...

on the contrary, i believe that the indian education system is designed to produce skilled labour in large numbers, not visionary leaders. Of course, a vast majority of labour that is skilled at a very high level leave the Indian shores for opportunities abroad - all over the world. This has been going on for decades and most of the Middle-Eastern countries are run by such labour. it is the lesser skilled labour that remain back in India. similarly a large number of highly qualified and motivated people leave India for opportunites elsewhere, that is the reason India remains the way it is.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.