Views: 5515|Replies: 14

Taobao steps up fight against fake LV [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-10-11 22:18:57 |Display all floors
The leading Chinese online marketplace Taobao.com is expected to step up the crackdown on counterfeit Louis Vuitton products on its e-commerce platform.

According to Taobao's press release, the company and luxury brand Louis Vuitton signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Friday in Paris to combine efforts on fighting fake goods and protecting intellectual property rights.

The MOU is based on a number of proactive and preventive measures to fight against counterfeits, including a takedown system, which will shut the web page selling fake Louis Vuitton products. Louis Vuitton is the first brand that has such an agreement with Taobao.

Both Taobao and Louis Vuitton hope the cooperation will significantly contribute to building a fairer and more transparent e-business environment for online customers.

"Such collaboration is invaluable to us in terms of preventing the manufacture, transport and sales of counterfeit goods, online as well as offline," said Valérie Sonnier, global intellectual property director of Louis Vuitton.

"We are pleased to formalize our commitment and partnership with Louis Vuitton through the signing of this MOU", said Ni Liang, senior director of Internet security at Alibaba Group.

"Taobao.com is dedicated to the protection of intellectual property rights and the fight against counterfeiting, and we firmly believe that the collaboration between brands, platforms and government agencies will create visible and significant results in the intellectual property enforcement space," Ni said, adding that the company plans to establish similar cooperation with more brands in the future.

Source: China Daily

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 14:29:29 |Display all floors
Good to see
LV must be number one for faked goods
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 07:46:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 08:17:38 |Display all floors
Dont like the one who make counterfeits. Why not concentrate on his own. The industry in China are fast developping. And the developing period of the economy is in the rising way only lacking of prestigious parts, such as precise parts, endurable parts and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 13:11:47 |Display all floors
Other brands will follow suit I'm sure.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 13:15:34 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-5-21 13:11
Other brands will follow suit I'm sure.

PSSSSTTT! Mr. Jay

The KR makes the best counterfeit BRANDED accessories, IN THE WORLD.
Some can sell for almost 1/2 the price of the ORIGINAL.

NO JOKE!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-22 12:20:11 |Display all floors
Then you should buy it.
And in some time in the future when you create something, Chinese sweatshops will copy it and sell it for half price and you will get no revenue at all for your brand, creativity, copyrights or patents.
Seems fair to me.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.