Author: linda_sun

USO' history of entertaining American troops [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-25 10:33:07 |Display all floors
Where is the great English entertainer Bob Hope?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 11:32:22 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-9-24 11:30
Ignorant american useless soldiers are easily please with a sex symbol. All you need it to give them ...

actually any soldier would go to battle for these two things....

soldiers are made so that they do not have any opinion of their own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 08:55:10 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-9-24 11:30
Ignorant american useless soldiers are easily please with a sex symbol. All you need it to give them ...

It's very unfortunate that the photos shown here only depict a small facet of what the USO actually does. USO is not a government agency. It is a privately funded organization. it is true that they provide free entertainment for troops that have served on the front lines, but they also provide support to their families back home. The USO often arranges for surprise re-unions for families that have been separated by long tours of duty, holiday meals on special days like US Thanksgiving and Christmas, and other "pieces of home" that let these soldiers know that they are still cared about. I know it is easy to believe that these soldiers are just trained killing machines, but the truth is, many of them serve because they love their country and feel that the things they hold dear in America are worth protecting. You may not always agree with the American government's idea of what needs to be protected (and many of the soldiers do not either), but at the very least, we should respect when an organization tries to remind people of their humanity and for a few brief moments, help them feel at home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 19:08:13 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-9-25 11:32
actually any soldier would go to battle for these two things....

soldiers are made so that they d ...

We have opinions, I have refused to follow orders that that I believed where against my morals and training.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 19:10:17 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-9-26 19:08
We have opinions, I have refused to follow orders that that I believed where against my morals and ...

then you are not a good soldier..
A soldier must follow his officer.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 19:12:44 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-9-26 19:10
then you are not a good soldier..
A soldier must follow his officer.......

Crap, A good soldier has morals, and the ability to judge what is right and wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 23:13:43 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-9-26 19:12
Crap, A good soldier has morals, and the ability to judge what is right and wrong

having morals and questioning ( in military terms disobeying) your superior orders are two different things....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.