Views: 6683|Replies: 18

making money is easy. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-21 21:52:04 |Display all floors
making money is easy.

really, no kidding.

Just have to know some stuffs, have a little bit of experience and good intuitions.

For example.
Tesla was $100 in June.
I wrote here Tesla should be double or even treble within 12 months.
Now, $ 180. ....still got money to make.

Apple peaked at $ 700 one year ago.
Now, about $ 460.
It will be $ 800 within 12 months.

Makng money is easy.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 21:56:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-9-21 21:58

lesson one.

in bull markets, people suspends disbelieve
they will give new stories the benefit of doubt.
share prices will surprise you on the upside.

in bear markets, they throw out the baby with the bath tub.
That is why I bought Goldman Sachs in 2009.

making money is easy.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 22:03:16 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-9-21 22:00
making money is easy.

Yes you should know!

as I said here before, you Hong Kees must think any thing good and of value must be Anglos.

well, I am not HongKee and not Anglo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 02:30:46 |Display all floors
yeah, making money is easy.

but first get to know Wall Street.

say hello to Wall Street.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-23 23:28:18 |Display all floors

Still cool after all: New iPhone sales break record

1 hour ago CNBC
Still cool after all: New iPhone sales break record

View gallery
Getty Images

Apple (AAPL) announced on Monday that sales for its new iPhone had set a record, with consumers snapping up nine million smartphones within the first few days of its launch, allowing the company to hike its revenue guidance.

The tech giant said in a statement that the iPhone 5s and 5c gangbuster sales were accompanied by more than 200 million downloads of the iOS 7 platform, Apple's new iteration of its operating software.

As a result, Apple said company revenue for the fourth fiscal quarter would be "near the high end" of its previous guidance of $34-$37 billion. Gross margins would also check in near the top of its prior guidance of 36-37 percent.

(Read more: Blackberry bought private jet months before layoffs)

The numbers defied some of the market's low-ball estimates, and suggests the technology giant still has cachet with consumers as it fends off a stiff challenge from Samsung (Korea Stock Exchange: 593-KR). Apple fanatics snapped up the new 5c and 5s models in droves, with lines snaking around Apple's iconic retail stores last week. Some ebullient fans even camped out overnight, in order to be the first to get a hold of the new device.

"The demand for the new iPhones has been incredible, and while we've sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly," Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a statement.

Apple's shares, listed on the Nasdaq, surged by more than 5 percent in early trading Monday

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 08:00:26 |Display all floors
Its all in the branding and the allure as seen by the consumer.
The iPhone is no better or worse than Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry or hundreds of Chinese phones.
Core OPS vary, but most of the time people only use the camera and apps like games or for internet/email.
Screen sizes, weight and memory have become almost identical across brands.
For many - any phone will do the job to make or receive calls and for messages.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 08:41:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-9-24 08:48
jay_dee Post time: 2013-9-24 08:00
Its all in the branding and the allure as seen by the consumer.
The iPhone is no better or worse tha ...

Blackberry is valued at $  5 billion........that is how much Apple makes in a few  weeks.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.