Views: 23673|Replies: 69

China should ban the Apple iPhones 5s & 5c on security issues.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-21 05:41:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Truth_update at 2013-9-21 05:43

The brilliant and forward thinking member Kbay was first here to bring up the question of Apple's newest iPhone fingerprint password privacy issue. Apparently the American politicians are now ringing the same privacy and security alarm bells with Apple.

Kbay

VIP Member

26#
Post time 2013-9-11 18:51:22|View the author only

"Finger print login?
I don't like this idea at all.
Your finger print is not private property.
Nearly all border controls the world over now possesses a copy of your 'personal' finger prints and iris scans.
If my passwords are violated, I can always change to a new more lengthy one.
Can you do that with your finger print and iris patterns?"

This is what they are now saying:

Apple fingerprint tech raises 'privacy questions'

20 September 2013 Last updated at 17:28 GMT

A senior US senator believes the fingerprint recognition technology featured in Apple's new iPhone 5S raises "substantial privacy questions".

Senator Al Franken, chairman of the influential Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law, has written to Apple boss Tim Cook explaining his security concerns.
After stealing someone's thumbprint, hackers could "impersonate you for the rest of your life," he wrote.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 05:44:23 |Display all floors
Apple has yet to comment on the letter.

Mr Franken wants answers to a number of questions, such as:

whether the fingerprint data stored locally on the mobile phone chip in encrypted form could ever be stolen and converted into digital or visual form that would be usable by hackers or fraudsters
whether the iPhone 5S transmits any diagnostic information about the Touch ID system back to Apple or any third parties
how well customer fingerprint data will be protected and kept private
the exact legal status of such fingerprint data.
Mr Franken has asked Apple to answers his questions within a month of receiving his letter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 05:49:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Truth_update at 2013-9-21 05:50

Edward Snowden already revealed that the US Government CAN access any data in any American's computer, no matter if the machine is located in a private home, or in a listed company's office.

With the prospect of hundreds of millions of Chinese citizen's fingerprints be gathered and mined by Apple (an American company), does this not pose a security risk for the country China, or for that matter, any foreign country that sells the iPhone 5 with the fingerprint password access?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 12:58:47 |Display all floors
Me thinks the  batteries is poor quality badder thann Nokia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 14:26:04 |Display all floors
Sorry to break bad news for you.

China government has no problem with privacy issues.

China government loves to collect finger prints and all manner of data on their citizens.

One last thing.....loves IOS7.......   Don't you think it just so so beautiful......
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 15:06:14 |Display all floors
its either Apple IOS or Google Android.

both are American..........................

there is no China alternative...........................................

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 22:14:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-9-21 22:14
Kbay Post time: 2013-9-21 22:09
Apple's secretly embedded hidden apps could easily be activated to collect all the fingerprints with ...

aiyah.

Malaysian and China government already has the finger prints of all its citizens already lo.

oh..................and Hong Kong too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.