Views: 3370|Replies: 7

Did you regret something that you did or didn´t in your life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-18 18:41:43 |Display all floors

I guess yes, it´s normal to have that kind of experiences but sometimes we do things on purpose or involuntary, also we sometimes we stop to do things by fears, by bad advices or by caution or by disinterest.  Then, after certain time we realized that something wrong happened in our desicions.

Some people says that everything it happen in our lives will serves to train you as a person so the regret is anything because everything, the good and evil we do will form our way of thinking and make us different.
REPENT is bad and what it happened in our past years it become anecdotes.

Some others might think people shouldn´t  regret for what has been done, we must repent of what has not been done and wanted to do .... to think in things that you regret somehow have mature and have taught lessons, of which today you see with a thousand eyes.

In my 20s I used to regret many things in life that went against what my parents taught me, and I felt bad, but gradually learned not to regret anything I do, but responsibly, you can learn not feel bad for what you do, as long as you make responsible for the consequences that desicion may have, never rush, anyone at maturity learns to be sure of what you do, and if you do not succeed while others, don´t feel down, go ahead with your goals.

I remember my friend who failed in his marriage, time later he regretted not marrying the woman who loves him in his youth.
My brother who studied accounting but time after he realized he wanted to study to be a lawyer, he regretted not having realized long before and lost some years in his life.
My friend that received an offer to work abroad, he refused. then he lost the job and repented not have gone abroad to work. There a lot of examples.

I think we like it or not, there is always some time for us to repent of something. Lately I feel remorse in my heart, my father passed away last month after a long medical treatment, he was resting at home with my mother, I thought to travel this month to be with him but he departed arlier than expected, when my sister called me to give me the sad news, it was night time here, I could not get a fast flight, all flights were with 3 stops and not coordinated between them, because all were mostly booked for the high season so I didn´t  arrive on time for his funeral. For work issues I didn´t travel before or on time, anyway the sorrow and repentance still exists.

So Did you regret something that you did or didn´t in your life?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-19 06:15:41 |Display all floors
one day, i met a monk in a local temple. He said to me that if he had ever met me before i got married, he would help me to become a nun. he believed that i have some good quality to become a super nun who will be able to bring peace to others.
it surprised me a lot, because i did want to become a nun before i met my husband. I know it is not easy to be a nun. one has lots work to do and the rules are very strict... {:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-19 10:28:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatlady at 2013-9-19 10:29

Sure , there a lot of things that I regreted in my life, but I would never look back to repend and keep going forwardlingly.

Eg. if I carried one basket of eggs and it happend that the basket fell to the ground and all were broken, I would not even taking time to look at it and need keep walking without thinking of how pity it is .

I regreted that I lost a good chance to develop my own career or the good chances to saving money and working experiences , but what the regret can do for me ? Nothing, which only hold back your thoughts and steps to go forward.

So sorry for your loss of father, my condolences for your and your family.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-9-22 15:19:06 |Display all floors
There's a Chinese saying " there is no regret medicine in the world". Of course, there are times when people regret things asking "What would I have become of I had or hadn't done something", I hadn't studied English as my major, probably I can make a lot of more money. but there's no point feeling bad about it anymore. The most important thing is to think what you've learned and what you're going to do tomorrow.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 16:32:31 |Display all floors
I regret I had not learnt enough knowledge of the elderly's disease before my old mother's aging problem started. I could have advised her and took care of her better.
For example, the uterus of an elderly women could drop out after long time walking or standing. It could get imflammation. We should learn more about medical knowledge for ourselves or others.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 16:51:02 |Display all floors
i regret that i got married too early, when i was 23
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 16:52:31 |Display all floors
Yes and other times I was proud of my successes.

One four day period; on Friday I was given a personal achievement award for successful instal of a project I was the tech lead on.  On Monday I was having my review with my manager and he said "What did you do for us today."  

His point was life is about living celebrating the good harvesting the lesson from the bad and moving on.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.