Views: 5409|Replies: 24

Tony Abbott, Australia’s 28th prime minister...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-8 11:13:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-9-8 10:14

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 07, 2013   

Uh oh: Tony Abbott, who said "Climate change is absolute crap" will become Australia’s 28th prime minister after a decisive victory

Tony Abbott will be Australian prime minister after decisive election victory | World news | the guardian.com
Tony Abbott will be Australia’s 28th prime minister after a decisive victory became clear almost as soon as ballot counting began, with voters casting a brutal verdict on a divisive Labor era that lasted just six years.
Abbott has been a relentlessly negative opposition leader who won the job with a pledge not to recognise Labor’s 2007 mandate to implement its emissions trading scheme, but who now promises a conflict-weary electorate calm, stable “grown-up” government and demands the upper house recognise his electoral mandate to immediately repeal the carbon tax.
Australia's carbon tax debate: key quotes - Telegraph
Here are some key quotes on climate change and the carbon tax:
Tony Abbott, leader of the opposition, 2009
"Climate change is absolute crap."

Tony Abbott, Feb 2011
"We will fight this tax every second of every minute of every month.
"I think there will be a people's revolt against this carbon tax."

POSTED BY TOMAT 5:17 AM

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 11:47:22 |Display all floors
Dark clouds ahead.
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:06:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2013-9-8 12:11

Chip off the old block, a Howardian "look alike".
I am here.
I remember.
Bring it on.
White Australian scum. I remember.

As Darrell remembered Labor, bless his soul, so do I remember "Liberal", you white supremicists, born to rule, trash.
Liberal my arse.
Bring it on.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:06:55 |Display all floors
As far as CO2 contribution by Australia, it is negligible next to China.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:08:17 |Display all floors
China is the elephant in the room.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:10:12 |Display all floors
Never found a climate change denier I like......and that starts with you.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:42:21 |Display all floors
Sansukong

Why are you shouting.?

Don't talk about carbon tax, Malaysia reduce the petrol subsidy already near riots.

But, what has that to do with the science of climate change?

The political result is more a reflection of human nature than of Mother Nature.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.