Views: 13755|Replies: 80

Cars for city life. What's your favourite?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-4 07:57:47 |Display all floors
As the title says, what's your favourite car for city life? Maybe it's a Toyota Camry, or a Ford Festiva, perhaps it's a horror from the automotive graveyard that is the USA.   So what's your favourite car for life in a busy crowded city?
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 09:48:02 |Display all floors
Not sure what you mean by the a "horror from the automotive graveyard that is the USA"?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-4 10:47:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-9-4 10:48
grb Post time: 2013-9-4 09:48
Not sure what you mean by the a "horror from the automotive graveyard that is the USA"?

if you've ever owned a US built and designed car you'll understand. Most of their designs and quality make the horrific Lada's and Niva's etc look luxurious, reliable and well built in comparison.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 10:53:13 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-9-4 10:47
if you've ever owned a US built and designed car you'll understand. Most of their designs and quali ...

I have owned many US built and designed cars.  And yes some of them were pieces of crap, especially the 1980's models.  But the last several years the quality has gotten much better.  I have also owned non-USA brand cars and and many of them were junk as well.  Here in CHina I own 2 Ford Fiestas and they have both been good cars.  And much less costlier to owned than the over priced German heaps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 11:11:05 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-9-4 10:53
I have owned many US built and designed cars.  And yes some of them were pieces of crap, especiall ...

The Fiesta isn't an American design for a start. It is largely a European design from Germany and the UK. If you've ever owned a Lincon or Caddy, Chev or Jeep you'll know what crud is all about. It's hard to improve $hit. Don't get me wrong, there's some rubbish out of the EU too, Fiat (awful) Most of the Audi's don't last long and then there's the nightmare that is Citroen. I've owned a few dozen cars and overall the American offerings (designed and built in the states) are the worst next to the Russian cars. I've had a couple of nightmares from Japan, one was a Toyota Cressidia and I had to complain to the GM of Toyota Japan in person to get it replaced as the local distributor wouldn't replace it. By far the worst car I've ever owned was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, It's currently out in the middle of Australia rusting away after it suffered terminal engine and transmission failure as a result of the chassis breaking in half on a mildly tough section of 4WD track The vehicle was not even loaded to 50% of it's rated carrying capacity at the time.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 11:21:30 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-9-4 11:11
The Fiesta isn't an American design for a start. It is largely a European design from Germany and  ...

Jeep has never been one of my favorites either, but I have owned 2 or 3 Dodge products.  Most of them were crap accept for a Dodge Ramcharger that I put almost 200,000 miles on.  Only required normal maintenance.  Fiat is sh1t.  So is Citroen.  See a lot of Sh1troen here in CHina.  I know the Fiesta is a European design, but my point is for the money, they have been good cars here.  Audi's are WAY overrated and over priced, same as Mercedes.  The Chinese auto buyers are not very car savvy, they buy for looks and face only.  But they are getting a little smarter.  

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-9-5 16:11:27 |Display all floors
Audi
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.