Author: DSseeing

Would China be more harmonious if prostitution was legalized?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-6 02:26:57 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-9-5 07:49
...and that's why you stayed in the farm? Enjoy your dances with them!

I am not a dirty moslem.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-9-6 14:45:04 |Display all floors
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:41:02 |Display all floors
I think it would be a good idea
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 15:41:28 |Display all floors
Let market do the job
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 08:40:11 |Display all floors
People who otherwise display intelligence act mindless about the female body. It is a commodity to many people including the bearer of it. If s/he chooses to make it available for compensation and s/he chooses to compensate them what's the harm to society at large? For whatever negatives realized I believe the overall benefit to society would by far outweigh it.

People should get a life and let supply and demand go where it will. This is not a commodity that hurts people like guns, crack, cocaine and heroin.

The world is full of stress. If sex was more readily available I would bet big money a substantial decrease in all crime would result

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 08:50:04 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-9-4 12:04
If that is your case! Would you like to see your mother, wife and daughter(s) as prostitutes?

You cannot control what your wife, sister, mother, adult-daughter wants to do with THEIR life. You need to concentrate on YOUR life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 08:59:01 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-9-4 12:52
But even if you put aside the obvious moral issues surrounding a decriminalized prostitution industr ...

You need to emphasize the key phrase: "did not end" crime, human trafficking, money laundering or drug abuse in the city's Red Light District. You would not expect it to end crime in a Red Light district which already used prostitution as a vehicle for supporting drug-related activity.

If you compare rates prior to the legalization of prostitution in the Netherlands as a whole (excluding the inherently crime-ridden Redlight Districts) a study by the National Institute of Health observed a 68% decrease in sex crimes compared to the 10 years before legalization

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.