Views: 9754|Replies: 38

China to Invest 1 Trillion Overseas Next Decade   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-25 09:11:37 |Display all floors
China's economic rise is seemingly inexorable, and it willl invest over 1 trillion offshore over the next 10 years.

Question is, where and how will China invest the money.

In my opinion, the economies of USofA and China are so intertwined that the bulk of the 1 trillion should be invested in USofA. We are seeing the fruit of closer cooperation, with China buying Smithfield and investing into the automotive industries in Detroit.

But China has many structural and political problems, not the least of which is that its pragmatic approach since Deng is contrary to communism per se. Another potential show stopper is the endemic corruption in China, one can say that Chinese are endowed with a corruption gene. Last but not least is CCP and PLA ownership of companies which obviously corrupts free enterprise.

USofA should actively compete for the lion share of the investment. IMHO that will bring a lot of much needed jobs back to USofA.

Your say?

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 11:01:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-8-25 11:53

The bulk of China's future trillion investments should go to those more friendly ASEAN countries, Africa, N. Korea and Russia.
Translation...(not absolute) ...

大部分中国未来的万亿投资,应该去那些更友好的东盟国家,非洲,北朝鲜和俄罗斯。

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 11:37:48 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-8-25 11:01
The bulk of China's future trillion investments should go those more friendly ASEAN countries, Afric ...

the word is invest, not conquest.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 11:53:56 |Display all floors
china needs to invest in china itself.  I just came back from Shen zhen 3 weeks ago.  The streets are dirty, people are poor, public places are dirty,  buildings are old and NOT earthquake proof (not by a long shot),  etc etc.  Go see for yourself.  
Japan for example has built really REALLY REALLY nice and CLEAN cities.   China cities don't come close.  Go to japan and see for yourself.  So, has Hong kong, and singapore.  but, china , their cities are dirty.  China's environment, pollution, air, water, go CLEAN IT UP!!  Why throw money away at foreign countries?? So stupid!!  keep your own house clean first!!  So stupid!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 12:17:18 |Display all floors
vincelee76 Post time: 2013-8-25 11:53
china needs to invest in china itself.  I just came back from Shen zhen 3 weeks ago.  The streets ar ...

and what if the citizens are hoodwinked into thinking this is still the  pollute now stage of their economic model. ?.......................

then, there is no need to do the cleaning now.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-26 00:10:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2013-8-26 00:12
vincelee76 Post time: 2013-8-25 11:53
china needs to invest in china itself.  I just came back from Shen zhen 3 weeks ago.  The streets ar ...

I know...

Very few older buildings anywhere in the world are designed and built to withstand seismic shocks of 7 or greater in magnitude. China is an old country. There are older buildings I would like to see preserved, you have those in NYC too. Whenever you see a street name in a brown plate rather that white, it is a conservation area.

And no, mainland Chinese are not the most hygienic people, flown with them before, you should see the restrooms after they have used them. I don't think little emperors get potty training {:soso_e115:}

That said, I'd rather fly with Chinese than white USAnians, they are the most god-awful, bullying racist when they have a captive audience on board and in the minority. Europeans need not jump in to defend white USanians, I am targeting specifically them and no-one else. I avoid all USAnian airlines when flying overseas, but I cannot avoid them on domestic routes, and I find it hard to hold my tongue when attacked continuously for 5+ hours on board by white USAnian racists.

By the way, have you seen Detroit lately?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-26 02:59:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-8-26 03:03

TRYING TO INVEST ONE TRILLION DOLLARS ABROAD IS STUPID WHEN THE YUAN IS SO OVERVALUED THAT NO FOREIGNER IS WILLING TO EXCHANGE HIS DOLLARS FOR SO FEW YUANS AT THE CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE OF 6.121 CNY/USD.

Only the People's Bank of China is wlling to give up 1 dollar for only 6.121 Yuans, and this is not hard to figuure out.

Because first of all, the foreign currency reserve in the PBOC belongs not to the PBOC but to the people of China, i.e., it is OPM (Other People's Money), and it aggrandizes all the bigwigs and SOES wanting to "invest a trillion dollars abroad", because at the current exchange rate of 6.121, it would cost them only 6.121 trillion Chinese yuans, whereas, if the Yuan were correctly valued at the Pre-2008-Crash exchange rae of 7.00, it would have cost them 7.00 trillion yuans, in short, giving them all a hidden bonus of 145 Billion US dollars, which after being parked abroad as investments, can then be reconverted into Yuans when the Yuan is eventually devalued back to 7.00 (as it must or China's manufacturing will collapse), reaping a windfall profit for the Chinese bigwigs and SOES investing abroad of 888 Billion Yuans.

That's the whole gist of their "investment model" - creaming the Chinese foreign currency reserve with the cooperation of China's own central bank.  888 Blllion Yuans equates to Fa-Fa-Fa, sweet music to the ears of these "investors in the global market".  At the expense of the factory owners and domestic capitalists who invested in China instead of abroad, and at the expense of the workers whose cheap labor enabled China to earn its 3.5 trillion dollars of foreign currency reserves.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.