Views: 16652|Replies: 45

[Cross-culture marriage] Should wife agree to have cosmetic surgery for her husband?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-24 14:39:47 |Display all floors
[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]One of my friends is upset resently, she wants some advices. I hope somebody can share her/his opinion for my friends and give her some advices.

My friend Jane is heart broken because of her husband's words. He said that though his wife is beautiful but not enough, he can provide money for her cosmetic surgery. Jane thought he was joking but realized that's his truly thought when it happened the third time. She has been proud of her beauty for 26years until she married him. When she told him his words hurt her, she hopes he will never say such words again. he said" it is the truth do not speak out women's shortage, they will be angry". Jane said that she can accept the other suggestion such as her hair , clothes but not her face, because she loves her face, she think it is perfect in her opinion of beauty. But he said that's not his favourate beauty, and set an example of car. Though there are so many cars in the market, he will choose BMW rather than Gillete because BMW is very good with excellent technology skills. But one day he find the Benz is very beautiful for its appearance, he hopes his BMW can be joined with the appearance of Benz. Though his wife is excellent and beautiful, he just hopes she can be better. Jane told him that she is not a car and he is not her master, he can not take it for granted to change her without respect and caring for her. What he like is not what she like and there will be a great risk for cosmetic surgery, the surgery may hurt her body or maybe failed result in ugly. His answer is " I am just joking! But you'd better to change your face, I will never comple you, but I will mention this topic next time".

What happened to her recalls me the story "king Arthur and the witch", the ugly witch gives her husband Gawine choices, to be a beauty day or night, but Gawine choose to support his wife, whatever she choose he will accept. He respects his wife and earn a beautiful wife all the time. As far as I am concerned, maybe[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)] Jane's husband also has a chance to choose: change his wife's face or change a wife!  Do you think so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 15:55:09 |Display all floors
What I wrote is original,  seems nobody believe, or should I happy that my English is perfect with no mistakes....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 16:01:25 |Display all floors
If I was his wife I would consider his request an insult and refuse. He obviously does not understand the meaning of love and respect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 16:13:09 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-8-24 16:01
If I was his wife I would consider his request an insult and refuse. He obviously does not understan ...

Sometimes people will never be satisfied for what he owns and hopes to get more, just like " goldfish and old man" , greed will ruin everything. Many Chinese man always says that " my child is best but his wife is best"...so hurt!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-24 17:04:45 |Display all floors
life is common, ourside face is only a little of our life. I think it's no need to make cosmetic surgery.
Love one and love all
www.rotarykiln-dajia.com   www.dajiakiln.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 12:50:39 |Display all floors
Many Chinese man always says that " my child is best but his wife is worst"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-25 13:25:06 |Display all floors
blue-xinqing Post time: 2013-8-25 12:50
Many Chinese man always says that " my child is best but his wife is worst"...

I am not a man, I don't know, but " his wife is best" is always mentioned in china. Sometimes I think why you marry her if you don't love her, there are no perfect relationships, it's how you accept the imperfection that makes it perfect.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.