Views: 5244|Replies: 8

Happiness: Pizza delivery [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-8-20 19:44:32 |Display all floors
Today evening, I delivered a load of fresh pizza to a local football club. It is the first time I have done this 'job'. I have a friend who has a pizza shop across from my house. He was busy, I had some time and a van with some shelves at the back. So I volunteered to drop off the pizza order he received a short distance from where I live. I realised something as I made the delivery. It made me feel very happy.
I noted the difference between my previous job - as a software test engineer. When I did my work well, I found faults in computer programs. It invariably made someone unhappy, usually the developer/programmer who wrote the computer program. He/she would have to fix the bug and we would go through another round of testing everything to make sure something new was not broken! It was a lot of work. People usually dreaded the sight of me and went glum upon seeing me arrive.
Now, when I delivered pizzas, I noted that people inevitably seem happy to see the arrival of the pizza delivery man. They smiled and welcomed me!
Some jobs can make you and others happy!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-21 08:59:28 |Display all floors
i once was a pizza deliver boy in my second year of University. i worked from 12 o'clock to 13:30 in the afternoon.
i drove a electric motorcycle on the street, to knock the doors of the orders, then i saw big smile from them.
it's a simple and happy job; only one question, the pay is low

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-21 20:43:29 |Display all floors
Agree with you. Some jobs can make you and others happy!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-22 15:38:27 |Display all floors
Interesting. I also wany happy jobs. Any other happy jobs?
Like a doctor?
I'm hopeless with that perspective.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-8-22 18:06:28 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-22 17:38
Interesting. I also wany happy jobs. Any other happy jobs?
Like a doctor?
I'm hopeless with that p ...

People dont want to see a doctor, even though they are thankful to see one when in need. Its sort of like a car mechanic. Other happy jobs? needs some thinking
I suppose a good comedian, singer, dancer, cook, teacher...
maybe others can add to the list.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-22 18:56:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ElinaT at 2013-8-22 18:56

We have a saying: Simplicity is the key to happiness! Simple jobs bring more pleasure, calm, peace and happy moments than more complex jobs, which are usually stressful. Shame the pay is different, otherwise the world would be filled with happy cheerful workers.

It is a different prospective! Your regular job also makes people happy when you deliver an end result, which can be used and will have little or no faults at all. Imagine all those people that are using the software without any problems. In other words the end result of your work pays off in the long run. The pizza delivery gives a short run results, but they tend to fade away faster.
The truth is people need change from time to time to realize and appreciate the jobs of others and everything else we all take for granted.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-23 10:13:38 |Display all floors
ElinaT Post time: 2013-8-22 18:56
We have a saying: Simplicity is the key to happiness! Simple jobs bring more pleasure, calm, peace a ...

I totally agree,
A doctor should be happy to see a patient living happily for the rest of his or her life/
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.