Views: 7172|Replies: 8

Naked breast-feeding, do you agree?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-17 09:51:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by linlinlinlin at 2013-8-17 09:53

A mom who gained notoriety with theattachment parenting set after she was photographed practicing yoga naked whileher daughter Naia breastfed, has revealed the story behind the iconic image.

Amy Woodruff, who lives in a clothing-optional commune in Hawaii, was upsidedown and naked when a hungry Naia crawled over.

'I was just doin’ my daily flow when thelittle sweet pea came to sneak a suckle. Papa had her out in the grass with himand she just couldn’t resist!' she told parenting blog, Baby Center.

'This happens all the time by the way,' she added.

'When a breast is out and baby is around,they are going to try and get it anyway they can! I have been blogging foryears now and this photo was just a simple share of a beautiful captured moment.'

Since the photo was taken in 2011, Ms Woodruff has been busying weaning Naiaafter three years of breastfeeding, and 'embracing her inner flame'.

She also notes how taken aback she was bythe tremendous amount of support that the image generated.

'The yoga community and earth mamas lovedit!'

Source: Dailymail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 09:52:32 |Display all floors

There were a few naysayers, however, but she says she has no regrets about posting the image.

'Women who didn’t seem to enjoy breastfeeding or more of the conservative crowd thought it was the weirdestthing and just couldn’t wrap their heads around it,' she explained of the womenwho called the image 'shocking' and 'crazy'.

'I enjoyed hearing all sides of thespectrum as it reminded me that we are all different and if anything it mayhave opened the eyes and hearts for some who didn’t think multitasking to thatlevel was possible! No regrets about posting the photo whatsoever.'

Ms Woodruff, who is planning to move to NewZealand in the fall, said she was drawn to 'the simple life' during hertwenties after she first started traveling.

'I realized I could have everything Ineeded all in one backpack,' she said. 'There is a sense of freedom that comesknowing you can up and leave without having to worry about paying any bills ormaking ends meet.'

So in 2008, she took her savings, gave her landlord 30 days notice, quit herjob, and loaded up her truck.

It was on this six month journey across thestates, where she was 'deep into yoga practice,' that she met her partner,Justin.

Now that Naia is getting older,the South California native, who runs the blog Daughter of the Sun, is finally ready to put down roots.

'We have spent the last five yearstraveling and sometimes I just want my own piece of land to come home to,' shesaid.

'We have lived on a few differentcommunities and have care taken lots of gorgeous places all over but sometimesits just nice to have your own sanctuary to rest in.'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 15:29:34 |Display all floors
I really worry for the children of hippies
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-8-17 15:46:31 |Display all floors
linlinlinlin Post time: 2013-8-17 09:52
There were a few naysayers, however, but she says she has no regrets about posting the image.[/ba ...

'I was just doin’ my daily flow when thelittle sweet pea came to sneak a suckle. Papa had her out in the grass with himand she just couldn’t resist!

I dont think I could either

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 15:51:50 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2013-8-17 01:29
I really worry for the children of hippies

Because can become yuppies like Michael P. Keaton?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-8-17 15:54:30 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-8-17 15:46
'I was just doin’ my daily flow when thelittle sweet pea came to sneak a suckle. Papa had her out ...

breast.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 16:03:46 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2013-8-17 17:51
Because can become yuppies like Michael P. Keaton?

He donated to your present Secretary of State. Order to go is 30 Mexican chai-latte's. Comin' right up, señor.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.