Views: 11291|Replies: 29

English Name   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-16 23:29:05 |Display all floors
How do you get your English name? Any stories behind the name?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-16 23:34:30 |Display all floors
Krista is my English name and it is offically used in many places.  A friend asked how did i get my English name. It just brings me back to my college life. Everything is still vivid in my memory and I just want to say that my name wasn't translated from Chinese. It was given by an American professor who once exchanged English for Chinese calligraphy with me.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-16 23:54:29 |Display all floors
I have 3 names that are English plus a surname.

My first name was chosen as it was the name of my father's best friend in the RAF.
My second name was that of my Mother's brother.
My third name is my father's second name.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 23:59:27 |Display all floors
my nickname is collge is TURBO cos i drove off road on kampus. my another nickname at work is speedy gonzalez cos i do thing very fast...all & all my real english name is PETER & most of you here already knewn that  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-17 18:07:19 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-8-16 23:59
my nickname is collge is TURBO cos i drove off road on kampus. my another nickname at work is speedy ...

Interesting to know.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-17 18:09:10 |Display all floors
My Students always ask me to give them a nice English name. So I checked some information online, and I think it is interesting to give them names.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-19 09:15:14 |Display all floors
i am current working in a TAIwanese company and everytime i train new fresh man from college, they alaways asked me for advise on English name, i first thing i would ask is why do they want to get an English name? is it just so popular in the company or you want to make youself special to others? i have a PDF file containing a long list of English name for man and women representing different meanings, so if you know what you want to be in terms of English name, just go through the list and think about if they make you feel better, you got the hit, come on!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.