Views: 4388|Replies: 9

Now you see them, now you don't [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-14 10:37:49 |Display all floors
Naked models are turned into works of art by a painter who spends hours blending their bodies into urban street scenes.

Trina Merry, 33, uses body paint to camouflage the women against graffiti and murals on walls and buildings.

The invisible artwork regularly catches passers-by off guard, who fail to notice the people hiding behind the paint as she painstakingly copies every detail onto the model.

Camouflaged: Artist Trina Merry painstakingly uses body paint to disguise models against graffiti

source:dailymail

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:38:33 |Display all floors

Disguised: The artist takes inspiration from the murals and tags around her native San Francisco

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:39:05 |Display all floors

Intricate: It can take Trina up to eight hours to a complete a complex camo painting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:40:01 |Display all floors
Each of the artist's pieces take up to eight hours to create and can often never be reproduced as graffiti work is constantly removed from streets.

Trina's range of work sees her mask a number of models into portraits, urban tags or abstract pieces.

Trina, from San Francisco, California, said: 'My work started when I was essentially asked to get on stage at a rock concert in my underwear and get body painted - that was my first exposure to body paint.

'And I have been working on them ever since.

'I was working with urban art as a visual artist and wanted to keep making work with my friends when I transitioned to body paint as my medium, so I started doing these camouflage collaborations.

'Inspiration is a little tricky at times - it can be instant or can take a period of time and contemplation to develop a concept.

Behind the scenes: The artist is assisted as she attempts to blend a model into a mural

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:40:45 |Display all floors

Popular: Trina (pictured right) has a line of volunteer models as her reputation in the city grows

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:41:06 |Display all floors

Introduction: The artist first used body paint when she was at a rock concert and was painted on stage

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 10:41:30 |Display all floors

Concealed: Only the model's feet are instantly noticeable after she is blended into the intricate design

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.