Views: 7533|Replies: 0

浮木雕刻展现人类如何握有世界命运 [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-8 18:49:02 |Display all floors
'Acall to action': The vast sculpture carved from DRIFTWOOD with a message abouthow man holds the world's fate his hands

呼唤行动:浮木雕刻展现人类如何握有世界命运

Teeming with wildlife like deer, giraffes, monkeys and dolphins, this sculpturebursts with the beauty of the natural world.
由野生动物比如鹿,长颈鹿,猴子以及海豚等动物构成,这个雕塑展现了自然世界之美。

At thecentre, inexorably linked to each constituent part, is a man. He holds a globein his hand to represent our dominant species' unique duties as custodians ofthe planet.

正中间的是一名男子,与各个部分不可抗拒的连接在一起。手中捧着一个地球仪,意思是说作为地球守护者的我们有责任尽自己保护地球的义务。

Craftedentirely from driftwood, the vast, thought-provoking masterpiece was created bysculptor Paul Baliker, 59, who describes it as a 'callto action'.

整个雕塑都是由浮木制成的,这个巨型的引人深思的杰作是59岁的雕刻家Paul Baliker制作的,他形容自己的作品为“行动号召”。

'I started out sculpting to put food on the table, I never dreamt of where itwould lead,' he said.'Ihope that people can see the environmental message I attempt to portray, andperhaps think hard about the impact man has on the natural world.

“刚开始从事雕塑的时候只是为了生计,也没有想说以后会怎样,”他说。“我希望人们能够读懂我所表达的环境传递给我们的信息,还有希望人们能够积极思考我们给自然造成的影响。”

'I attempt to create one major environment statement a year, always on amassive scale.
“我打算每年都创作一副这样的环境作品,而且都是这么巨型的。”

'It ismy contribution to a better planet.'

“我这么做无非是想让地球变得更加美好。”

Mr Baliker spent six months creating his masterpiece. Using chainsaws, sandersand rotary grinders, he carefully carved each element from cedar driftwoodcollected around the Gulf of Mexico
这件作品总共花费了他六个月时间。电锯,砂纸,旋转式研磨机等工具,这些雪松浮木都是从墨西哥湾上捡来的。

'Thesculpture had been on my mind for the past 15 years,' he said.

“创作这件作品的想法已经在我脑海中存在15年了。”他说。

'Forme to be able to put it together took vision, the material, as well as ability,time and desire,'

“要想组成这么一件作品,的确得充分发挥想象力,还有材料的应用,以及能力,时间和渴望。”

The sculpture, called A Matter Of Time, measures a massive 13ft by 13ft, dwarfing its creator, who says it's been warmlyreceived.

这件作品的名字叫做《只是时间问题》,长和宽都是13英尺,比作者本人还高,他说很多人都喜欢这件作品。

'Ihave seen tears in some viewer's eyes,' he said. 'I wanted this sculpture tofocus around mankind, since in this sculpture he holds the fate of the planetin his hands.

“有些观众看到这件雕塑后眼中都含着泪花,这件作品的关注焦点是人类,因为作品中用手掌握地球命运的正是那个男子。”他说道。

'Thesculpture is a call to action.'

“这件作品的目的是为了号召人们行动起来。”

来源: 龙腾网

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.