Views: 8048|Replies: 17

Did something funny, embarrassed or awkward happened to you lately? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-6 14:10:55 |Display all floors

Last night when coming back from the supermarket with my wife, we passed by the hair saloon with no customers but some children and elders in it, so I decided to get it to trim my hair.

In there we noticed they were preparing to have dinner but the barber insisted to do the service for me, my wife sat behind me just watching and waiting to finish my hair cut but one after one, the children started to walk and play around me, staring on me, smiling trying to talk to me, suddenly the elders and some other adults started to staring on me, talking about me and I started to feel uncomfortable but holding my discomfort. By the mirror I saw my wife laughing because i was the center of the attention. Usually when people talk about me (as a foreigner) staring on me, I just keep walking and not any problem at all but last night was different, I was stucked in that chair, people talking and staring about me and holding my discomfort, plus, my wife noticed me, she still laughing like enjoying a free show.

At the end the barber invited us to eat with them, we refused because we just had dinner but I accepted politely the beer (after the guy insisting a lot). The barber knows me well because I use his service for long time, the point was his whole family members never saw me before and as they said , they never saw a foreigner in their saloon.

Outside going home my wife teasing me saying I looked like a oger where everybody has to watch and I replied her ¨I was the monster for them¨ and we laughed a lot.

{:soso_e113:}

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 14:45:46 |Display all floors
I feel warm while reading this story,{:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-6 15:22:44 |Display all floors
One day, I got text message from a friend of mine which said that his cellphone was running out of power, he wanted to talk to me about something urgent, he gave me landline to call him back.

So I did, after the ring, a woman picked up and said, "Hello, This is Shanxi men's hospital , how may I help you?"

It was on April Fools' Day
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 11:20:37 |Display all floors
linlinlinlin Post time: 2013-8-6 14:45
I feel warm while reading this story,

Telling some funny stories or sharing some experiences always is nice and warm.
As my wife siad, sharing stories we learn too.
I hope you can share some of yours.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 11:24:00 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-6 15:22
One day, I got text message from a friend of mine which said that his cellphone was running out of p ...

You fell in those common jokes but most people forget  April´s fool  date.

What was your reaction after you discovered all was a lie?

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-12 10:16:55 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-10 11:24
You fell in those common jokes but most people forget  April´s fool  date.

What was your reactio ...

I said to him "You son of a bi-atch" in a joking way .
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 10:25:47 |Display all floors
Since we go anonymously here, I don't mind sharing the most embarrassing, stupid and awkward thing that I've done:

Years ago, when I was playing a computer game in a hot summer day, I had a cold drink at the foot of my table. After I finished it up, I pissed in the bottle, put it back and returned to my game, as I was too lazy to go to the bathroom. then a minute or two later, habitually, I picked up the bottle and took a sip.
I was appalled with the warmth of it. I spewed it out of my mouth in a millisecond
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.