Author: rosyflower

Why don’t Chinese mothers breast feed their babies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-10 09:00:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-10 13:15:52 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-9 10:59
Exactly the answer I expected from Robber.  Then tell me why there are stores in China that sell not ...

He's been to China SEVEN times. I repeat, SEVEN times. That pretty much makes him an expert on all things Chinese. How dare you question his opinion ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-10 13:21:42 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-8-10 09:00
Wait.. maybe there is no milk to dispense, by enlarge Chines have no big breasts and have to resor ...

I may be wrong about this as I'm not an expert but I do recall reading that the size of the breast is not relevant to the quantity of milk produced. I remember it because I did find it strange (it would seem logical that the bigger the boob, the more space for milk).

If anyone can confirm or deny ?

Also, as WhiteBear mentioned, Chinese women have had babies for thousands of years before the invention of infant formula and it seems these babies did survive. If there isn't enough milk in their breasts now, maybe society should ask "what changed ?"

On a side note, I wasn't breast fed as my mother's nipples do not pop out (a genetric trait shared by her father and her children) and I ended up being a strong healthy man so I guess formula is not all bad.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 13:55:32 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-8-6 16:20
maybe because:
a) don't want to "ruin the breast" and cause beloved husband to take a mistress
b) be ...

so assertive and you don't know the reason behide, that's all you feel and think
~~they have to work; not enough milk; or not healthy enough to feed the baby because of some disease~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 14:50:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 15:42:18 |Display all floors
All of my sisters and female friends breast feed their babies as long as they can provide enough milk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-10 16:32:32 |Display all floors
I don't know where did you get this info but as far as I know most Chinese women do breastfeed their child. Maybe you're talking about those celebrity? The reason you see tins of milkpower on the shelf is because parents believe their kid needs more nutrition because usually the mother only breadfeeds the child for 8~12 months after delivery.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.