Author: rosyflower

Why don’t Chinese mothers breast feed their babies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-7 11:00:46 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-8-6 17:10
I know it. You know it. They probably also know it.

One more "disadvantage" - it is not good to g ...

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-8-9 10:32:17 |Display all floors
I wonder how they managed to knock on the doors of nearly 100 million new mothers and ask
them if they are breast feeding their babies or not. I heard it was closer to 80%
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-9 10:37:26 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-8-9 10:32
I wonder how they managed to knock on the doors of nearly 100 million new mothers and ask
them if th ...

So did you manage to knock on all the doors yourself during your 7 total visits to China?  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-8-9 10:39:53 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-8 18:37
So did you manage to knock on all the doors yourself during your 7 total visits to China?

At least I've been there seven times which beats your zero times.
As long as we're pulling numbers out of our ass I'll bet it's closer to 90%
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-9 10:59:16 |Display all floors
Exactly the answer I expected from Robber.  Then tell me why there are stores in China that sell nothing but baby milk powder and the major supermarkets have aisles dedicated to nothing but milk powder?  China is the largest consumer of milk powder in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-9 12:06:48 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-9 10:59
Exactly the answer I expected from Robber.  Then tell me why there are stores in China that sell not ...

But you would not know, as you are just reading Western propaganda - you have never been to China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-9 12:17:17 |Display all floors
About 10 years ago, formula makers in the United States would give free gifts (diaper bags, free formula, coupons for formula, free diapers, etc) to entice parents to formula feed. Studies were completed, and found that the free gift truly did effect a parent's decision on whether they would formula feed or breast feed. Since then, many hospitals have stopped giving out the "free gifts" in an effort to prevent the decision on how to feed their child from being influenced by the formula companies. Many hospitals also offer breast feeding classes months before a child is born to allow the mother to learn as much as possible about breast feeding so she can make an informed decision.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.