Views: 3691|Replies: 0

Do you think China should rethink its family planning policy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-3 16:31:34 |Display all floors

I guess many of you may  have heard that the Chinese government is thinking about loosening its one-Child only policy and allowing people who are an only child him/herself to have two children. As one who was born and raised under the one-child policy, I welcome the possible change.

Though I'm the only child in my family, I didn't feel lonely when I was a kid because I had a bunch of same-age playmates, neighbors, classmates, etc. The problem came when I became an adult. I want to be bonded with someone sharing the same bloodline with me. As my parents pass away, I still get someone that special in this world.

I know some people say China should continue its family planning policy for resources sake, because the population is already largest in the world and is not in proportion with its land mass.

Then What's your take? I know the western world has been criticising the family planning policy of China for many years, then do you think China should make a change here?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.