Author: futsanglung

Cricket in China   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-6 07:06:15 |Display all floors
BugaLugs Post time: 2013-8-6 06:51
Cricket?   
Test Cricket?......

It just shows you do not understand the game.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-8-6 08:09:17 |Display all floors
This is excellent!! I love it. It's great to see people try out something different from what they are used to and enjoy it. Its good to know Guangzhou has a cricket pitch. My son and I enjoyed visiting Guangzhou and would love to do it again. Maybe visit this place and organise a game? My son plays cricket and loves it here in Australia.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-6 13:23:18 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-8-6 08:09
This is excellent!! I love it. It's great to see people try out something different from what they a ...

As you say it is always good to try something different but sadly I feel cricket will never catch on in China with no media coverage there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 14:16:19 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-6 07:05
They are talking about trying to split the Barmy Army up at future tests, sad.

I am appalled to hear this, just goes to show, The Australian Cricket Board, are running cricket into the ground. Fluck me, time to hit the emails to stop this crap from happening. Congrats for the second medal   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 19:10:26 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-8-6 07:06
It just shows you do not understand the game.

Listen here you POMMY B#S#%@D!
I played when younger, being competent enough bowling but REALLY did not like being hit by hard red cricket balls bowled at high velocity from a distance that seemed all too close whilst batting!
Standing under a BLAZING Sun, waiting for somebody to hit the same hard red cricket ball at me in the middle of an Australian Summer is something i don't particularly enjoy either.
Haven't played since i was a teenager though i do still play Indoor Cricket on the odd occaison.
The ball used in Indoor Cricket is much softer than a real cricket ball.
Test Cricket is the traditional form but can be as boring as all F$#% sometimes. However a close finish after 5 days of play can be one of the most awesome things to experience in the world of sports.
1 day cricket can be exciting and i watch sometimes if there is a day /night match on Television.
I've never watched a 20/20 game although i do see highlights on Sports reports sometimes.
In my family, it is my older sister that is the cricket tragic.
She has been complaining today about the Bloody POMS winning the Ashes after the bad light BULLSH%T!

I understand the game.

BTW I'm an Aussie.

Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 22:01:12 |Display all floors
the ONLY cricket game that i see dem playin here in nu york is those from the caribean islands & some of the indians counterpart & i have no knowledge of watchin dem play  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 02:00:15 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-8-6 22:01
the ONLY cricket game that i see dem playin here in nu york is those from the caribean islands & som ...

Watch and learn, better than baseball any day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.