Views: 13063|Replies: 33

What is a traditional woman?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-2 17:09:09 |Display all floors

Probably  being traditional is much more about your beliefs than your lifestyle

A traditional woman is governed by those family traditions that come from generation to generation,

It is traditional in their dress, most of the time dressed in a simple but elegant

It is traditional in who know is the head of household, I mean that a woman stay in the house and the man working outside if they have the economic ability to not work both, if she works is still the man responsible for the most of the household economy.

It is traditional in its religion, greatly respects "Till death do us part"

Your children are taught to respect their elders, to be chivalrous men and girls be all about traditional young ladies too..

They like to keep the traditions in important festivals. and local holidays the whole year.

A traditional woman is something that many have already lost most dislike.

Nowadays with global economic growth with China leading, its people have experienced many positive changes in their economies and therefore many traditions have diminished or changed or forgotten (not talking about the holiday celebrations only). Chinese women I've heard say of themselves they are traditional but wearing mini skirts, drinking cheerfully at dinner I did not see where they are.

Does  traditional women still exists?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 17:28:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by PPsally at 2013-8-2 17:28

It's good sign, why should women stay in the house?
Long gone are the old traditions.
If it were 200 years ago, I would have to bind my feet as tight as possible. Tradition said that big feet are ugly.
Old traditions said that women should follow  three obediences (in ancient China a woman was required to obey her father before marriage, and her husband during married life and her sons in widowhood) and four virtues (fidelity, physical charm, propriety in speech and efficiency in needle work)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-8-2 19:12:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-8-2 19:13

Even tradition changes :)

If not - the traditional women stays in the cave or collect the berries and prepare food, sometimes helps the traditional men hunting when they ask.

Btw. Traditional men should pull the traditional woman to tha cave using the hair. Pulling by the leg is considered not traditional and causes some friction problems afterwards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 15:21:12 |Display all floors
NO WB, because if you pulled them by their feet then they would fill up with dirt.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 15:33:54 |Display all floors
PPsally Post time: 2013-8-2 17:28
It's good sign, why should women stay in the house?
Long gone are the old traditions.
If it were 2 ...

I didn´t say women should stay home.

I just want to know from posters what is traditional women because seems they are not easy to see them.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 15:36:59 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-8-2 19:12
Even tradition changes :)

If not - the traditional women stays in the cave or collect the berries a ...

Some traditons changes and others disappear.

I´ve read in this forum from different posters that Chinese women are very traditional and I´m curious to read their opinions about my question.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 15:39:20 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-8-4 15:21
NO WB, because if you pulled them by their feet then they would fill up with dirt.

and it can damage their nails if its polished.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.