Views: 2374|Replies: 2

The side effects of being close to a state's capital~~ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-1 17:33:02 |Display all floors

Six of the ten most pollutant cities in China in the first half of this year are from Hebei, a province surrounding the capital of Beijing, according to a newly released air quality report.

I assumed that being closed to a developed region should always be a good thing, but it seems I'm wrong. As some stories say, Beijing compete with neighboring cities in terms of  natural resources - like water - and talents, but shift most of its heavily pollutant industries like cement, steel mills to near cities. All these drag on the development of near-capital cities.

I'm not sure if the DC in the US or London has the same problem, but it's sad to see one region is booming at the expense of the fellow regions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 17:35:01 |Display all floors
For more infos, you may refer to the CD story:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/chi ... ontent_16859174.htm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 10:23:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-8-1 18:07
Industrialisation has a price ... I am sorry for the people, though.

Master Seneca

China is spending US$500 billion a year in the NEXT 5 YEARS to solve these problems.
Expect this to be a MAJOR contributor to HIGH INCOME JOBS in China, besides the obvious COMING BIG BANG in the Financial/Social Security funds and probably the TOURISM/ENTERTAINMENT sectors!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
South Yang Capital

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.