Author: WhiteBear

Driving tips in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-8-1 05:56:30 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-8-1 01:46
you would rule any traffic with your clunker junker & if you have some fancy wheels then i guess you ...

Yes, I heard that Vietnam, India and some other places are also "a little crazy" :)

But isn't it true that the general recipe is to set the official rules aside and "flow with the mob"?
I have to admit, that when I respect all the general rules on the main roads - on the smaller roads it is just impossible.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-1 16:04:54 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-7-31 16:00
I really do not think adding more signs will help.  They will just be ignored.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-8-1 16:06:32 |Display all floors
Treat every other driver as a fool and always expect the unexpected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 16:27:04 |Display all floors
When driving on roads with multiple lanes avoid the right hand lane because drivers entering that road from a secondary road or parking lot will not look to see if a car is coming and will not stop.
Try using your mirrors for driving instead of for combing your hair.
The area below you back windshield is not a storage area for pillows and stuffed animals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 19:28:21 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-7-31 13:56
Yes, I heard that Vietnam, India and some other places are also "a little crazy" :)

But isn't it  ...

they're not "a little crazy" just the space & the heavy congestion traffic they have there but they're perfectly sane in conductin their daily biz...the scary part is that i havent seen a single incident or accident there yet while i was traveelin there for quite a few times...only foreigners like us think that they are kokoo under the hot sun outhere & actually i learn how to walk de walk there just to cross the small square there without any incident or big scene like i used to create whenever i'm back home for a short visit  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 19:45:57 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-8-1 19:28
they're not "a little crazy" just the space & the heavy congestion traffic they have there but the ...

I've seen one of the Top Gear shows from Vietnam, and I was impressed :) My friend spent there few months, but I had no time to visit Her and see for myself. But I'll use some opportunity to go there and compare with China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-1 19:48:49 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-8-1 16:27
When driving on roads with multiple lanes avoid the right hand lane because drivers entering that ro ...

Some people told me that they put the things that covers rear windshield ... to avoid the disturbing light.
Btw. most of them uses "All the light sources available" all day & night "to be better visible on the road".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.