Views: 3504|Replies: 11

HOW TO BE A SINGER? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-25 16:40:05 |Display all floors
My friend, a chinese boy just graduated from college, very fancy in singing; he can compose variety songs, and write some romantic and moving words to match his songs.
He had wrote more than 100 songs originally so far and recorded them as CDs.
BUT now he is a little confused and didn't know how to be a singer. He is truly want to sing in the stage, to show his music for the audiences.

DO u have a good suggestion for him on how to be a singer, or at least, how to got the admisson by the record company?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-25 17:06:29 |Display all floors
go to the voice of China {:soso_e182:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-25 17:14:20 |Display all floors
Salut_F Post time: 2013-7-25 17:06
go to the voice of China

i thinks he has missed this year's VOC

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-25 17:16:14 |Display all floors
Franciso Post time: 2013-7-25 17:14
i thinks he has missed this year's VOC

really?i thought its just the beginning.well,theres other shows like this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 08:37:04 |Display all floors
Salut_F Post time: 2013-7-25 17:16
really?i thought its just the beginning.well,theres other shows like this

thanks, i will remind him

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-26 08:52:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-7-26 09:00

Honestly his best bet apart from TV shows like X factor, The Voice etc is to take his material and pick the 3-4 strongest songs and have them professionally mastered and pressed. Then he needs to write and include a biography that is well written and informative and then send it to every record label in the city where he lives as well as the major operators in China. Packaging your material professionally is essential. Most demo's are only listened to for a few seconds by the A&R guys and if it doesn't have what they are looking for it's going to be forgotten.

He will also need to put together a band and get out there performing on the circuit, building up a following and honing his performance skills.

Sadly the truth is that talent and ability don't get you that far in the industry these days, you also need "star qualities such as the right look, and on stage presence.  Ultimately it's about luck. If you are in the right place at the right time with marketable product you may get picked up and have material released. Record companies will usually sign almost anything with a pulse but the contract doesn't stipulate that you will record or release tracks, it's called an "option" and is standard in the industry. It effectively stops you being signed by another company so if in the future the band or singer turns out to be marketable then they may be used.

It has to be remembered that record companies are only interested in the bottom line which is sales of product. Singers and performers are mostly discardable product, once used up they are tossed aside. It's a harsh world in music.

There are tens of thousands of great musicians and singers out there and very few make it a career.  Such is life.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 09:10:29 |Display all floors
My mother has a Singer sewing machine

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.