Author: voice_cd

Review movies that emotionally affected you     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-6 21:23:03 |Display all floors
Was writing on the internet about these bands and wrote something like next they will make a movie, then I saw the new Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 21:27:16 |Display all floors
Didn't help, just seemed like being exploited more .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 21:30:44 |Display all floors
When Alice goes to China at the end of the movie, I knew the other things in the movie could not be coincidence .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-11 19:28:35 |Display all floors
I watched the movie 'Confucius' starring Chow Yun Fatt recently, and for the first time could appreciate the history of that era some 2500 years ago. Having lived in China for 2 years and studying the Chinese language, this is such an amazing revelation. During the period of the warring states, there was constant wars, injustices, cruelty and human sacrifice, yet Confucius managed to survive and preached decorum, humaneness, and learning. The culture was rich with colorful characters who were brilliant, courageous, who behaved and dressed with such breathless refinement, yet there was great social injustice and even savagery towards the poor. Confucius was a courageous and great philosopher of his time, and his teachings remain relevant (with some modern-day adjustments) even to this day.  {:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-12 11:21:33 |Display all floors
xoce Post time: 2013-8-6 07:59
Anything but a historical film.

So true, it's a load of BS.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-12 11:33:24 |Display all floors
One film I can highly recommend is the Japanese film Okuribito (Departures) made in 2008. It's a slow paced film that is very touching and powerful. It's one that few people who appreciate fine films will not be moved by. It's not going to be a hit with the action film lover or the person who doesn't want to deal with with death. It's beautifully photographed and I do urge people to see it, if only to witness just how good acting can be.  The final scenes are almost heartbreaking to watch.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 17:51:24 |Display all floors
The movie that has emotionally affected me the most is "The Emigrants" written by Wilhem Moberg and filmed by Jan Troell in the 1970's and it's about emigrants from Sweden to the USA in the 19th century. The Titanic was by the way built to handle the large groups of people leaving the suppressed and poor Europe by the millions for several decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emigrants_%28novels%29

But this movie is way before that and the ships they used was by far not as good and even without any collisions with icebergs many people died on the ships because of bad sanitation standards and so on.  

Finally when they arrived with the promise of free land they had to struggle very hard building everything from scratch. On the other hand, they had always been working very hard all their life but at least they did as they wanted now and the soil was excellent compared to what they were used to.

The movie shows everything a family has to handle and also explains how the US was built, the banking-cartels, the political system, the religions, the military industrial complex starting to build up and simply the whole new world we see called the western world today. Nobody knew that by then and most people were indeed such I can very much identify myself with and that movie has by no doubt affected my life forever and probably most swedish people as well. I have seen it several times every year since it was produced and it still fascinates me.

Wilhelm Moberg who wrote it is absolutely one of the best play-writers Sweden has ever had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhelm_Moberg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.