Views: 17806|Replies: 72

Which city do you think is the safest to live in?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-24 09:43:21 |Display all floors
I was born and raised in Beijing, but I always feel Hong Kong is the safest city to live in with its political stability, safe food and good health care system.

Of course, many of my friends, some are Beijingers and some not, think otherwise. They pick Beijing, the capital of the rising China, as the safest city in the world.

For the past many years, there seems to be a tie between me and my friends, but I guess the recent wave of explosions and stabbings in Beijing has kind of broken the balance, and my Hong Kong is winning out.

Just wondering what’s your take on the question? Which city do you think is the safest place to live in, New York, the DC? Whichever you like, just with reasonable backup points.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-24 10:02:02 |Display all floors
One old man sitting off a very weak black powder device is a "wave of explosions"?
And you want reasonable backup points.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 10:06:54 |Display all floors
If he really wanted to harm people he could've just set off a whole bag of fireworks like skyrockets, M80's or firecrackers. All of which are readily available anywhere in China.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 10:29:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jizhu at 2013-7-24 10:30

I think the zhang jia kou is the best city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 10:41:00 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-24 10:02
One old man sitting off a very weak black powder device is a "wave of explosions"?
And you want reas ...

I think you are too picky on the words. Guess he/she just wants to say there are some violent incidents in Beijing recently, of course not as violent as those in Iraq or some other instable countries.

Back to the topic, I'm not sure if it's because I'm too familiar with Beijing after living in the city for so long, I feel Beijing is the safest city. Sure, Beijing is far from perfect, in many ways. Still when I walk on the streets of Beijing at 1 or 2am, I seldom fear that someone would rob me.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-24 10:49:52 |Display all floors
bjLily Post time: 2013-7-23 18:41
I think you are too picky on the words. Guess he/she just wants to say there are some violent inci ...

That's one of the biggest differences between China and the USA.
My wife lived in China until 3 years ago. She never worried about going out on her own in China.
Here in the USA she won't even walk one block to the store by herself.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 10:54:38 |Display all floors
I would say Vancouver B.C. Canada!! Ive lived in many cities from Toronto Ontario (eastern canada) to Campbell river on Vancouveer islandWestern Canada) Vancouver has a relatively small population in comparison to many other big cities around the globe. It is clean and going green. People there love the outdoors. Very few people in Vancouver are to busy to stop and give a passerby directions if so needed. Plus many hospitals if needed as well. so I vote it the safest city Surrey B.C. was the worst for crime and gang violence.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.