Author: gaiacomm

Negros are still hated in America...and in Florida!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-18 11:54:57 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-7-18 06:01
My mother was ahead of her time.  There is not a racist bone in her body and she would not tolerat ...

Excellent advice JFenix. Words of wisdom. Your mother is quite wise. You can tell her that if you wish from me to her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 11:59:27 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-7-18 06:10
I will admit to not liking certain cultures or aspects of certain cultures.  I don't consider th ...

Jfenix, Again very good choice of words. I believe you are the right person to continue spreading the good news of racial tolerance. Being tolerant of ones race, is a great step towards understanding  each other.
You obviously have an insight to this issue, that I believe you can make a difference no matter how small it may seem, JFenix.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 11:59:53 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2013-7-18 06:39
Mods

I am surprised the mods have allowed this thread ? Or am I ?

Miracles do happen...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 12:00:51 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-7-18 06:03
You still shouldn't use that word.  To you, its just a word.  But it is widely accepted as an offen ...

I agree JFenix.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 12:04:49 |Display all floors
JFenix, continue with your fight to cure the racial divide that exists in your area, and maybe on the internet, by writing about issues and concerns from your point of view, as you already have been doing. I am satisfied with this thread, that one person was able to see it for what it is, and respond in a way that promotes understanding. Thank you JFenix. Your Mother and Father should be proud of you...even on the internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 20:21:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-18 04:13
You wouldn't report this if the news came from CHINA?

However, "negro phobia" is quite prevalent ev ...

not enough of dem to be afraid in china but i still dunno why the local authority bustin their chops ev'ry so often to see if they're legally or not in the guangzhou region...is it REALLY neccessary for that eventhough ONLY a small percentage wise  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-18 20:31:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-18 20:27
No, it is not really "offensive" to the Blacks; the term simply has come to be associated with neg ...

The subject deals with african-americans, not blacks living in europe.

It IS very offensive to african-americans.  If you are going to call them a term, than african-american is the only accepted term to show respect.

I find the term offensive.  My family, my grandchildren....they could be called 'negros'.  I don't like it.  It has negative connotations just like usanian.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.