Author: gaiacomm

Negros are still hated in America...and in Florida!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-19 10:08:45 |Display all floors
Republic of Negros

From November 3 to November 6, 1898, the people of Negros rose in revolt against the Spanish authorities headed by politico-military governor Colonel Isidro de Castro. The Spaniards decided to surrender upon seeing armed troops marching in a pincer movement towards Bacolod. The revolutionaries, led by General Juan Araneta from Bago and General Aniceto Lacson from Talisay, were actually carrying fake arms consisting of rifles carved out of palm fronds and cannons of rolled bamboo mats painted black. By the afternoon of November 6, Colonel de Castro signed the Act of Capitulation, thus ending Spanish rule in Negros Occidental. This event is commemorated in Negros Occidental every November 5 as the day the Negrenses bluffed the Spaniards to attain their freedom.

On November 27, 1898, the Cantonal Republic of Negros (Spanish: República Cantonal de Negros) was established. It came under U.S. protection on April 30, 1899. On July 22, 1899, it was renamed the Republic of Negros, but on April 30, 1901, this was dissolved by the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 10:12:03 |Display all floors
Negros Island

Negros (Tagalog pronunciation: [ˈneɡros]) is an island of the Philippines located in the Visayas. It is the third largest island in the country, with a land area of 13,328 km² (5,146 square mi.). Inhabitants of the island are called Negrenses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 14:31:31 |Display all floors
gaiacomm Post time: 2013-7-19 09:44
Yes.. The American Republic Manifestum.

Do you know what a Royal Commission is? American don't have Royal Commissions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 15:21:21 |Display all floors
are whites living in these gated communities scared stiff of blacks?
i guess so,the reason for these type of communiites
scared of blacks does not mean hate of blacks
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 17:58:44 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-7-19 15:21
are whites living in these gated communities scared stiff of blacks?
i guess so,the reason for these ...

No.  You cannot have a gated community exclusive to any race.  That is discrimination and its against the law.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 18:01:07 |Display all floors
gaiacomm Post time: 2013-7-19 10:02
Some of you want to be politically correct with your views on NEGROS, for which I understand. Its ok ...

How can you continue to use that word after you agreed with me that it was offensive?

If you have that knowledge and still use the term, than you are purposely showing disrespect.

You are the racist here.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-19 19:26:17 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-7-18 15:40
Well I can tell you one thing, its not jennifer.

used to kno a pretty mama named JOYCE & i still remember her name 'til tis day  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.