Author: sansukong

Aussie wind farm stopped [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-20 21:36:47 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-7-20 19:22
If you subscribe to "Zero Emissions", why not you prove it yourself by stopping breathing out CO2! ...

Where did I state that I subscribe to zero emissions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-20 21:38:32 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-7-20 18:56
You wanted to be a comedian.

But you failed the audition!

I stated my opinion. Isn't that what a forum is about?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-20 21:38:56 |Display all floors

Is it Really Environmentally Friendly ???

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2013-7-20 21:44

I hadn't wanted to talk on Sansukong's thread, so let's clearify some engineering points and I move on. It is not the clean environmental solution that the industry claims...

Wind turbines are difficult animals to operationalize and the pollution downstream can be very bad. I'll explain.

Wind turbines store energy in big arrays of lead acid batteries, other types of batteries would be prohibitively expensive and IMHO equally as polluting, if not more.

You need massive DC-to-AC converters to feed the electricity grid at the same voltage and precisely the same phase, you would NOT want to feed the grid with any phase shift ( auf Deutsch heisst das Phasenverschiebung, does anyone have a better translation? ). Now think of the software controlling that. Chinese have been hacking into these hi-tech companies for a while.

You guys can figure out the rest yourselve.

I have proposed storing energy by pumping water uphill to a dam, rather than use lead acid batteries, people just stare at me like I was weird or something...

Web Links
Here, this is a good reference site
http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/news.display/id/23103

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-20 22:29:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-21 00:53:15 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-20 20:36
Where did I state that I subscribe to zero emissions?

Refer to your Post #9
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-21 01:46:46 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-21 01:47:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.