Views: 20275|Replies: 168

Debate: Should Britain QUIT The European Union?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-8 10:20:56 |Display all floors
Debate: Should Britain QUIT The European Union?

Published on 6 Apr 2013

April 06, 2013 BBC News

http://MOXNews.com

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 17:08:49 |Display all floors
No it probably shouldn't.

If the EU needs structural changes to make it more representative and more competitive then Britain should work with EU countries to encourage change - instead of sniping from the sidelines.

As for the manufactured hunger for Britain to leave - its not an issue that the majority of people feel strongly about. The economy, immigration, welfare, housing, the NHS etc.., are all more pertinent topics for most people.

What anti-EU press & politicians have been very successful at, however, is persuading people that the EU is to blame for every ill that occurs in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 17:25:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-7-8 13:28

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IMMEDIATELY! IT IS RATHER CROWDED AND CRAMPED. I'M ALWAYS ARGUING AT THE GP, QUIT MY DENTIST DUE TO QUEUES AND AVOID PUBLIC TRANSPORT!

I AM IRRITATED THAT THE YOUNG BRITS CAN'T GET A SUMMER JOBS AT STARBUCKS, PRET A MANGER AND SO ON. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, NOW. GRRRR

OUR TAXES ARE WASTED ON BARROSO AND HIS THIEVING COLLEAGUES. WHAT IS CROATIA BRINGING TO THE TABLE? THE WHOLE THING HAS BECOME A JOKE.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 20:31:19 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-7-8 17:23
The consensus points to most the EU folks would like the whining little Brits to pack their bags  ...

Why do you think there has been no referendum? Because the result is forgone conclusion. Britain signed up as trading partners not to become a European state ruled by an anonymous foreign power. Devious British governments since moved the goalposts without a mandate from the British people.

Britain is the third largest contributor to the EU budget  With an estimated UK population of 63.1m people, this means that every man, woman and child paid €178.65 (£144.17) towards the EU budget in 2011. They got back €104.12, meaning their net contribution was €74.53.

The EU would lose far more than Britain would if they pulled out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 20:32:26 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-7-8 17:30
Who cares for your dopey opinion?

I would like to give my advices to the Europeans here on how th ...

Don't forget to blame them for the failure of HK too

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 22:23:16 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-8 20:31
Why do you think there has been no referendum? Because the result is forgone conclusion. Britain s ...

It was never in Britain's interest to abandon the commonwealth and join the common market. The benefits, if any, all went to the rich, but the poor suffered immensely during the convergence period, and many still do.

In the 60's and 70's, continental Europe was rapidly growing in strength, and in a direction deemed hostile by the powers that be. The potential for a European power block, in competition with the US, was too much to bear. A huge campaign was mounted by the US to get Britain in the European Common Market. Most of the funding for the "YES" campaign during the referendum came from the US.

Britain entered the common market at the behest of the US, and to shore-up US interests. Britain as the agent within was able, with the collusion of the media, to maintain Europe at arm's length within the British public, and frustrate any meaningful drive towards EU integration. Any policies that would benefit the average Brit, were either vetoed or opted out of, so the public remained hostile. Moreover the media blamed all the ills befalling Britain on EU policy, to maintain the hostility. A referendum on membership was always promised, but never materialized, as the outcome was a forgone conclusion. Successive governments betrayed the British public, for the interests of the powers that be.

It beggars belief how the EU leaders could have been so stupid, and the British public so gullible.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 23:25:14 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-7-8 17:30
Who cares for your dopey opinion?

I would like to give my advices to the Europeans here on how th ...

Oh don't be so effing stupid.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.