Views: 1626|Replies: 5

Former World Bank President: Big Shift Coming [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-2 19:17:43 |Display all floors
Former World Bank President: Big Shift Coming

Uploaded on 29 Jan 2010
James Wolfensohn, former president of The World Bank and CEO of Wolfensohn and Co., addressed Stanford Graduate School of Business students with details about his work at the World Bank during its transition years and how the equation between developed and developing countries is changing. Wolfensohn claimed that in the next 40 years, a global power shift will see today's leading economic countries drop from having 80% of the world's income to 35%.

Related Article: http://gsb.stanford.edu/news/headline...
Global Speaker Series: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/gmp/speak...

Recorded: January 11, 2010

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 20:39:23 |Display all floors
I'll be dead in 40 years so it won't matter to me.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 23:23:43 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-7-2 20:39

We all be dead, and there wont be anything to earn on this sterile rock earth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-3 03:31:17 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-7-2 19:39

May be or may be not, but .....可能是或可能会不是,但是.....

Excerpt:

In the next 40 years, a global power shift will see today's leading economic countries drop from having 80% of the world's income to 35%, says John Wolfensohn, former World Bank president.  By 2030, two-thirds of people in the world's middle class will be Chinese.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-3 10:04:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-7-3 11:19
seneca Post time: 2013-7-3 05:01
Has anyone noticed that the little article posted above is already .5 years old???
What is the CHINA ...
What is the CHINA DAILY becoming now - a vehicle that carries yesteryear's regurgitations of defunct politicians?

You just can't stand his prediction that: "By 2030, two-thirds of people in the world's middle class will be Chinese." Just why do you hate China and the Chinese so much that makes you to stay in China to see to its downfall?
Translate ......

你就是受不了他的预测:
“到2030年,三分之二的人在世界的中产阶级将是中国人”
只需你为什么讨厌中国和中国人这么多,让你留在中国看向它的倒台?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-4 19:31:15 |Display all floors

China's middle class grows while America's disappears

Published on 29 Jun 2012

Eamonn Fingleton, Economics writer; Author of "In the Jaws of the Dragon" joins Thom Hartmann. In America - the income for the bottom 90 percent of Americans has decreased over the last decade. In China - income for an average family has increased tenfold since 1980. Is the middle class in China really booming - and if so - what should Americans learn from China's economic growth?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.