Views: 31211|Replies: 167

Why my English teachers like doing this?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-29 17:57:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by @ZHAN@ at 2013-6-29 18:05

Hello,everyone,I'm Sam.

It's a long time since I came here last time.

Months ago,I started to learn oral English at a foreign language training centre.If I am free on weekends,I would go there to study English.There are about 10 foreign teachers,which 4 or 5 of them are stationary.Usually,teachers brought us a topic,and the we talk.But the more I went to school,the more unhappy I felt.Some of my teachers like complainting about China.They really enjoy doing this.The weather,traffic,food,education system...everything in China.I am done with hearing these.I don't mean China is so good that nobody could say any bad words.absolutely,China has a lot of problem to solve now,and comparing with developped countries in Europe and America,we are far behind them.But everything's getting better,the distance is closer and closer.

Constructive critisms are helpful but complaintions are useless.And I doubt that a teacher can do a good job with a bad mood.So I hope my teachers can foucs on teaching students by heart instead of complainting like an old lady.

Fortunately,this evening I met a good teacher,Donald(If I remembered).He's polite and full of passion and enthusiasm.Thank you,Donald! I wish he could read this post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 18:25:01 |Display all floors
from which countries are these teachers? i guess from the states..
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 20:34:04 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-6-29 18:25
from which countries are these teachers? i guess from the states..

diffierent countries.It depends on the quality of the person only,I suspect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 20:58:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-29 17:19
Do you think snitching on your foreign teachers in this forum is civilised? I think not. You look ve ...

What's wrong in complaining about the teachers, Seneca? I know it looks like backstabbing. But just think. This is a forum to discuss issues. This is one forum where China and the world relations are very frequently discussed. Isn't it?
Perhaps, the student wants to understand by reasoning with other knowledgeable members to find out what is wrong. Instead of directly shooing him away, won't it be nice if we try to reason the things first?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 21:22:07 |Display all floors
Yogesh Post time: 2013-6-29 20:58
What's wrong in complaining about the teachers, Seneca? I know it looks like backstabbing. But jus ...

It might be even nicer if this student had the courage to directly confront his language teachers and voice his complaints about their alleged criticisms of China. If the student feels so passionately about defending his home country then he should make this known to his teachers. Obviously such topics would be of interest to both parties as they are all facing similar everyday experiences in China, yet he feels wary of putting his cards on the table.

Unfortunately such "backstabbing" - which could be more politely termed going behind another person's back - is very commonplace in China as either a person doesn't want to make someone else lose face, or they merely don't have the gumption to stand up for themselves and say what they want to say face-to-face.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 01:58:17 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2013-6-29 18:22
It might be even nicer if this student had the courage to directly confront his language teachers  ...

What's wrong in being politically correct? That person whom you want to confront is your teacher. If he can harm you directly or indirectly, it is better to avoid that.
One more fine point. What if the original poster here is not complaining about his teacher? What if he wants to understand the reason behind such behavior of teacher which seems wrong to him? We need to first discuss the matter with him and then take some decision. It is wrong to start bashing him before knowing the full story.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 06:52:19 |Display all floors
Yogesh Post time: 2013-6-30 01:58
What's wrong in being politically correct? That person whom you want to confront is your teacher.  ...

The matter has nothing to do with political correctness. I think it is quite incredible to suggest that the teacher can harm the student in any way, after all it's the teacher's task to encourage the student's confidence and ability to use English.

I think that if the teacher's behavior appears "wrong" to him, then that is clearly the source of his complaint. Otherwise your logic contradicts itself. I am not "bashing" him at all but merely suggesting that he take the matter directly towards his teachers who might well appreciate this face-to-face approach instead of endless dithering debate.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.