Views: 4773|Replies: 12

... World Bank acts to make poor people's energy more expensive [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-29 15:18:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-6-29 14:25

THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 2013
We're saved! In an insane attempt to prevent CO2-induced bad weather, World Bank acts to make poor people's energy more expensive

World Bank plans to limit financing of coal-fired power plants | Reuters
(Reuters) - The World Bank plans to limit the financing it provides for coal-fired power plants to "rare circumstances" as part of the global financial body's efforts to address the impact of climate change.

POSTED BY TOMAT 6:41 AM

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 20:33:02 |Display all floors
so how come the Heartless rat  is suddenly so interested to borrow from World Bank?

aren't you an anti World Bank rat?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 22:08:49 |Display all floors
One rat makes so much noise.

Imagine a country full of rats.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 04:43:30 |Display all floors
China can both build and finance coal-fired power plants in developing countries. but needs to be absolutely guaranteed in writing by the country where it's being built that they don't introduce any CO2 taxes.

But scrubbers need to be installed, in China as well.

The climate change scare will possibly fade away when people understands that it's only the bankers that want something like emissions rights to trade with. The bankers always want money for nothing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 13:13:04 |Display all floors
When a truth is whispered, it becomes a thunder.... heard and seen by everyone.
When a lie is shouted out, it gets drown .... like a stone sinking straight down to bottom of the ocean floor!

Translate .....

當真相低聲說,它變成了雷聲....大家所聽到和看到的。
當一個謊言被喊了出來,它就會被淹沒......像石頭一樣下沉床洋底直降!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 08:19:22 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-30 13:13
When a truth is whispered, it becomes a thunder.... heard and seen by everyone.
When a lie is shoute ...

You

Cannot write a proper sentence.

So arrogant already

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 17:32:03 |Display all floors

RE: ... World Bank acts to make poor people's energy more expensive

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Whistleblower Reveals World Bank Corruption in New Interview

Joe WrightActivist Post

Whistleblowers continue to endure an increasing level of targeting and prosecution by an administration that touts its commitment to transparency. Despite this, many brave insiders continue to come forward to reveal the extent of corruption at the highest levels.
Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning are taking center stage at the moment. Yet, former World Bank Senior Legal Counsel, Karen Hudes, seen in the video below with Sean Stone, and a new video interview with RT's Abby Martin is revealing equally important information about corruption at the World Bank, and a tiny group pulling the strings of politicians and the media to suppress knowledge of their activities.

The World Bank is already notorious for its wide range of human rights violations, land-grab schemes, environmental destruction and economic attacks on sovereign nations and local communities. Hudes offers some additional details about what she asserts is one single groupcontrolling world financial markets and media. She also offers names of people who were involved in blackmail surrounding a 2007 prostitution scandal. Hudes has been charged by Attorney General Eric Holder with trespassing after being arrested May 13th at an office of the World Bank. Hear the story that corporate media is ignoring....
Hudes' bio highlights her 21-year experience at the World Bank as Senior Legal Counsel:

She worked in the US Export Import Bank of the US from 1980-1985 and in the Legal Department of the World Bank from 1986-2007. She established the Non Governmental Organization Committee of the International Law Section of the American Bar Association and the Committee on Multilateralism and the Accountability of International Organizations of the American Branch of the International Law Association.

It is worth noting that much of what Hudes discusses from her perspective shows the level of compartmentalization that takes place in large governmental organizations. For example, she states that she believes the World Bank is "finally fulfilling its mandate" by stopping the next world war. However, the deliberate destablization campaigns with subsequent destruction and reconstruction projects, as documented by other insiders such as John Perkins, call this idealistic view into serious question. Hudes maintains that it is exactly this type of corruption that is being rooted out, and why people like her are being targeted.

Regardless of one's view of the World Bank as an institution, Hudes' information highlights that there are people who get into this type of work with good intentions, believing the propaganda they have been given. At the very least, her assertion that there is a network of insiders that will continue blowing the whistle about World Bank corruption bears watching. Lastly, it is worth noting her comments on the possibility of martial law in America and the steps being taken to avoid it. Time will tell.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.