Author: sunnylin01

[Cross-culture marriage] Why Chinese men flock to Thailand for brides?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-1 08:13:29 |Display all floors
Any figures as reference? Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 14:13:05 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-30 23:21
You will be surprised that there are lots of traditional people in England! I'm sure in Scotland to ...

I agree. People become opinionated without getting proper info. This is a very common habit of Indians, perhaps more than elsewhere. Indians are bigoted by many ways-political, religious, person etc. I would love to jot down one famous issue which happened recently to give you an idea of limits of Indian bigotry. There is one state in India called Maharashtra, with Marathi as its state language. Mumbai is in Maharashtra. Mumbai has reached its present state by the entrepreneurial skills of mostly Gujarati people. Maharashtrian people didn't sweat much to earn money or grow. Then people from other states also flooded into Mumbai to earn money, worked hard and became rich. So a few decades back, a person named "Bal Thakare"  started instigating Marathi people to throw away non-Marathi people out of Mumbai except Gujarati or to control them. He reasoned that Bihari and other such state people create nuisance in Maharashtra. Marathi people started worshiping him. He set up a party called Shiv sena which is made up only of rogues. That party has came to power in the state a few times so far. Bal Thakare died recently. He became so strong that even government can not dare to arrest him for any cases. Nobody can dare to say anything against Thakare in Maharashtra. When he died recently, Maharshtrian government declared several days holidays and Shivsena blocked roads for many days to stop even any private companies' activities. Even ambulances going to hospitals were stopped in some instances. So a girl residing in Maharashtra wrote on facebook against it. Very innocent comment. "So many people die everyday. But nobody bothers. Then why so much agitation over the death of a politician?" After this comment, the girl and her house was attacked by Shivsena. She was arrested by police and put behind bar for disturbing public sentiments. She apologized and was so much afraid that she quit using FB. Bal Thakare admired Hitler publicly and acted like that. He had his own almost parallel government. People of Maharashtra called him the tiger. Bal Thakare was an extreme example. But there are many such examples in India where people worship persons or some system and they don't want to listen anything against them, however truthful that may be. I think in most parts of India, to be manner-less is considered heroic. You are wrong when you say "manners are everywhere." And yeah, it is possible that there may be some jingoists who will disagree with me thinking I am defaming the country. But most Indians will directly or indirectly agree with what I said. Buddy, you need to visit India. Here, anarchy is the law. In fact, laws are mostly misused by the corrupted people in the system.

I said hardworking, cheerful and nice. I do not want to say that Indian women are bad. They are faithful to their husbands and work hard. But some qualities like bitching and comparing with others etc are Indian habits which I detest. To be honest, I detest so many things about Indian culture. I do not have China doll fetish. I have lots of friends in China. I know so many nice girls. Trust me. If you meet them, you will feel surprised that how can somebody be so nice. I am not praising beauty here. I am praising qualities. And yeah, my chinese sister told me that I am lucky to get really nice people as friends. But not everyone is so nice. So may be, it is my limited experience which prompts me to say this. But hey, come on. I praised something about Britishers which I observed. I say what I see or what I feel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 14:16:37 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-30 23:06
you say that but it depends on the ''level of want moneyness''! So you marry a Thai because you ea ...

Not true for most people, in my opinion. I think perhaps Thai women will do it before marriage and it happens everywhere. But once a girl is in love or get married, most of them want to spend the rest of their lives with their families.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 14:16:44 |Display all floors
Very tidy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 14:19:04 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-6-29 12:16
Before I was married I found most Thai women to be very sweet and adorable

Very nice, but what is under the hood

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 14:20:36 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-6-29 14:11
I think Chinese women are the most beautiful women in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 15:00:42 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-6-30 23:04
they are.....but then again s are some thai, some korean and some Japanese...even some Italian ...

There are beautiful people in every country. There are extremely beautiful African girls and handsome boys also. But the proportion of beautiful people may vary from country to country. Finally, it is important what you get and how you get syncing with that person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.