Views: 1722|Replies: 4

Challenging the pressure in work place in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-3 12:02:10 |Display all floors

Last saturday coming back home I passed by a restaurant where all the employees were forming a line in the sidewalk as a militar brigade where the manager or the person in charge was giving work instructions.
I have seen this kind of situations in different cities, restaurants, hair salons, etc. I wondering why these meetings can´t be held inside the premises? It´s about work instructions, should be private.
But also i have seen employees doing exercises outside the work place before to be on duty, this action i found interesting but I wonder if is mandatory or voluntary to do it?

After watching these events it came to my mind a situation happened in Chongqing last month. This is the article.

Company in Chongqing Orders Employees to Crawl on Their Knees, Claims It Is to Challenge Their Resilience to Pressure

According to multiple weibo posts by Chongqing netizens, at noon on 2013 May 2, the employees of a certain company circled around Liberation Monument by crawling on their knees, attracting many onlookers. Soon after, the Chongqing Yuzhong District Public Security Sub-bureau claimed on their official microblog account ”Through investigation, this was an exercise a cosmetics company gave their employees to train them to deal with pressure, and the police have already persuaded them to leave, and have also criticized and educated the organizers of the company.” Pictures are of photos taken by netizens at the scene.

I criticize the Chinese boss for his crazy and humiliating order to his employees but the employees  should make themselves to be respected and never tolerate to be humiliated.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 10:12:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messi30 at 2013-6-5 15:41

The exercises are usually a combination of military-esque marching and arm waving, combined with rhetoric about being good employees.
It´s that necessary?

brain3.gif

http://my.tv.sohu.com/user/detail/53066412.shtml

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 16:57:29 |Display all floors
Dear voice_cd group

I posted a video from Youku this morning

It went throught and it was possible to see it?

later a added a picture and it should pass the verification

NOW IT´S DELETED

I DIDN´T GET ANY NOTIFICATION ABOUT IT.

CAN YOU GENTLY TELL ME WHY IT WAS DELETED ?

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 17:11:53 |Display all floors
The exercises are usually a combination of military-esque marching and arm waiving, combined with rhetoric about being good employees. Whether it’s a group of waiters or hairdressers, these team building / exercise programs are very common throughout China.

brain3.gif

http://my.tv.sohu.com/user/detail/53066412.shtml

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 18:44:25 |Display all floors
I criticize the Chinese boss for his crazy and humiliating order to his employees but the employees  should make themselves to be respected and never tolerate to be humiliated.

I simply can't understand: WHY would you do this to your people? What does the boss want to accomplish, aside from ruining the clothes?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.