Water scarcity
Nitrogen and phosphorus cycle
Species extinction
Air Pollution
Chemical pollution
Acidification of oceans
Land use

Tipping points waiting to happen.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 20:52:44 |Display all floors
All man made
All through innovation and co operation man has to find a way to solve the dilemma.

Or risk crossing the environmental tipping point. Into unfamiliar territory.

The resilience of the planet is being tested like never before, and this time , don't blame Mother Nature......it is man made and is called anthropogenic.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 21:31:14 |Display all floors
People think of linear relationships.

That cause and effect has a linear relationship

But now, we know, most of the natural consequences has tipping points.

Tipping points are when linear relationships no longer hold true.

The environment goes from one state to another state in a non linear fashion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 21:34:29 |Display all floors
We all hear of the CO 2 hockey stick .

But not only CO2,
Every man made factor studied shows an acceleration since 1950....... The same hockey stick shape.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 01:48:58 |Display all floors
too real?

too scary?

so.....why rats not interested?

why rats only interested in Morano stuffs?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.