Views: 20244|Replies: 83

EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-25 14:38:21 |Display all floors
EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES

Date: 23/05/13

Walter Russell Mead, Via Meadia

Europe’s stratospheric energy prices and economic doldrums are forcing a basic rethink of energy policies. We hear so much about how green energy is good for the economy. It’s interesting that Europe, the citadel of global greenery, is thinking of throwing in the towel.

Europe’s stratospheric energy prices and economic doldrums are forcing a basic rethink of energy policies. The FT reports:[There is] a growing fear in Europe that rising energy prices now pose a threat to the industrial competitiveness of a region mired in recession. It has been driven home by a steady stream of announcements from European manufacturers about plans to build new production facilities in the US. [...]Wind and solar power come at a premium; setting quotas for energy produced from these sources is going to drive prices up. This is what happens when you try and prop up technologies not ready to compete on their own merits. You become less competitive with regions that haven’t handicapped themselves.The US, you’ll notice, has seen electricity prices drop over the past seven years, largely because of the shale energy revolution. Shale isn’t zero-carbon, but it does burn cleaner than coal, and it’s providing American consumers and industry with cheap energy.Europe has shale reserves of its own, and leaders in Brussels are expected to make overtures today toward developing domestic energy sources. But as Poland is finding out, shale energy is not a tap to be turned on with a twist of the wrist. Countries need to set up the right regulatory environment to appeal to American drillers, who at the moment have all the expertise in fracking and horizontal well drilling. Europe’s geology might also make playing catch-up more difficult; the “wedding cake” layering of American rock makes it particularly well-suited to horizontal drilling.We hear so much about how green energy is good for the economy. It’s interesting that the citadel of global greenery is thinking of throwing in the towel.       Via Meadia, 23 May 2013

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-25 22:01:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-25 19:01
Hahaha, the Climate Change denier liars have to resort to every trick to promote their greedy, selfi ...
EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES

Dumbbell, read the above title of the post. You may be missing your gravy train and your next paycheck!
Translate .....

啞鈴,看了上面的文章標題。
你可能會丟失,你的輕易發大財,和你的的下一個薪水!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-25 23:43:36 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-25 23:36
Translate  ......

真的嗎?然後,你到底為什麼仍然foocking的選擇留在中國......你這假冒偽善?

no moral immoral sansukong rat.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-25 23:50:30 |Display all floors
Backward fossil-fuel-based countries such as the U.S. of A. and China need to learn from the Europeans, not the other way around

I don't think Europe has the right to teach other nations what is "right". Of course, in Europe, most people believe in climate change and it's a major source of soft power to the EU - but this isn't the case in other places. Moreover, Europe can also afford this kind of policies - China simply couldn't, unless it would want to send millions back to poverty again. Moreover, China consumes still far less fossil energy per capita than countries like Germany...

The article makes some good points indeed - and I, too, question whether it is wise to add import taxes to solar panels from China if the price of electricity is already taking its tolls on the households budgets of Europe's middle-class families. Don't you think this is an issue that needs to be addressed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 00:55:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-5-25 23:57
seneca Post time: 2013-5-25 19:01
Hahaha, the Climate Change denier liars have to resort to every trick to promote their greedy, selfi ...
Pay CO2 tax for flying your dirty aeroplanes inside European airspace! If not, shut up!

Why impose the carbon tax when it is an established fact that CO2 does not cause global warming, but global cooling instead?

Translate  .......

為什麼要徵收的碳稅,二氧化碳不會造成全球氣候變暖,但全球氣候變冷,而不是當它是一個既定的事實嗎?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 00:57:54 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-26 00:55
Why impose the carbon tax when it is an established fact that CO2 does not cause global warming,  ...

no moral immoral rat.

sure.........................according to  Morano the monster.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 07:14:03 |Display all floors

RE: EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES

Reposting Missing Post  .....

EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES        China & World        7

2013-5-25 23:57
  Related Article ......
NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.