Views: 8622|Replies: 14

Do you find it's harder to find a job now? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-19 17:32:40 |Display all floors
It's reported that nearly 7 millions of graduates this year in China. The job seekers would face the harshest job market this year. Do you feel the hardship during your job-seeking experiences?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 20:17:49 |Display all floors
It'd be heartbreakingly difficult for newly graduates to find jobs when all the employers require work experiences. So try very hard to get internships.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-19 20:24:32 |Display all floors
Please see my post on Shanghai job seekers. There are supposed to be many out there without work but we are finding it hard to recruit a simple salesperson.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 21:53:22 |Display all floors
The unemployment rate in the states  for someone with a degree is a lot less than ones without. I also see lots of positions that are not filled due to the lack of qualifications. Graduates from China may have an opportunity in the US if they can market their skills to an employer willing to fill the position from an outside source.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-20 13:14:11 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-19 20:24
Please see my post on Shanghai job seekers. There are supposed to be many out there without work but ...

A degree-holder without any expereince may not win an experienced job seeker without a degree. In your case I have learnt that it's some hard-workers being needed.

As training new staff takes so much effort and risk (they sometimes just leave after they've learnt everything), inexperienced graduates are facing a big problem.

My suggestions for new graduates: get internships and put them as work experiences; make sure that you are not lazy.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-21 03:56:11 |Display all floors
ifidie Post time: 2013-5-20 13:14
A degree-holder without any expereince may not win an experienced job seeker without a degree. In  ...

I agree with what you say but many youngsters do not think the way you do.

In my early days I did some very poor jobs rather than be out of work.

One of my current employees got her job with us as she had worked in a supermarket while she was at university in order to pay for her tuition, this dedication and hard work paid off for her, now she is a valued employee and we have just given her a pay rise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 08:11:29 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-21 03:56
I agree with what you say but many youngsters do not think the way you do.

In my early days I did ...

Good for her.

When people say that the world has changed into a different one - ICT & modernity blabla - I'd emphasise that sound character and values remain the most important in terms of employment, relationship, family. Actually a friend of mine got involved with a married person - honestly I was very disappointed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.