Author: sansukong

Warmist John Cook’s study exposed [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-21 15:38:04 |Display all floors
rat, got good hobby and good habits don't want.

want to be a rat, remain a rat and always a rat.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 15:39:39 |Display all floors
the story of how a rat turns this forum into a proxy for Morano web site.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 16:19:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-5-21 16:20

rat, same IQ as Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin: 'Global Warming My Gluteus Maximus' - The Inquisitr
The Inquisitr         - ‎5 hours ago‎        
Though it won't come as a surprise to many, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin doesn't really buy the global warming argument. Over the weekend, Palin highlighted the issue on her Facebook, pointing to the fact that was snowing in Alaska in May ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 18:01:41 |Display all floors
Fact Check: Rice Crop Yield Improves With Global Warming, Higher CO2 Levels - Opposite of Alarmist Predictions                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

The CAGW climate change alarmists and "experts" fill the mainstream media with frightening tales of looming disasters, including crop failures that will lead to mass starvation - but when compared to global warming reality and actual world rice production and yield, the research and empirical evidence show output results are enhanced, not harmed

(click on images to enlarge, data source, rice image source)

The green-religion fundamentalists have a long history of making crop failure and mass starvation predictions. A 2010 study by a group of academia warming alarmists added to the collection of doom prognostications of coming crop failures, due to anthropogenic warming from human CO2 emissions.

As the above chart on the right indicates however, despite the modest global warming since the 1970's, and the massive increase of human CO2 levels, world rice production increased and continues to do so. Why?

Well, certainly better agriculture methods and technology made fools of the green 'Earth Day' fanatics. In addition, the latest research actually documents with irrefutable evidence that rice crop yield benefits fromboth warmer temperatures and higher CO2 levels.

Roy et al..."the five researchers from the Central Rice Research Institute of India conducted a three-year open-top-chamber field study to observe the effects of elevated as opposed to ambient atmospheric CO2 concentration (550 vs. 390 ppm), as well as elevated temperature (T, 2°C above ambient temperature), on dry matter production, carbon (C) and nitrogen (N) concentrations in plant parts, and their allocation in a tropical rice cultivar...Results of the experiment revealed the following responses in the elevated CO2/elevated temperature treatment:
    (1) Dry matter accumulation in the aboveground portion of the rice plants was enhanced by 18.1% at maturity.
    (2) Root biomass, leaf area index and net carbon assimilation rates also increased significantly.
    (3) Grain yield was significantly higher (19.6%) in the CO2-enriched treatment.
    (4) The net carbon yield increased by 24.2%.
    (5) Nitrogen allocation increased significantly in leaf (13%), stem (14%) and panicle (17%) at maturity.
[K.S. Roy, P. Bhattacharyy, S. Neogi, K.S. Rao, T.K. Adhya 2012: Field Crops Research]

Conclusions:

1. Global warming alarmists' predictions of world hunger and mass deaths should not be believed

2. Green agenda-driven foretelling of crop failure and starvation from higher CO2 levels and warmer temperatures are obviously without much merit

3. Rice crop yield and production improvements will likely continue despite the doomsday predictions

April 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 18:41:01 |Display all floors
William Happer on CNBC

Things have improved a little bit in the attitude of the media to the climate debate.

Click here if you don't see a proper video above.

This is what Princeton physicist Prof Will Happer was allowed to point out on TV – and it wasn't even Fox News! ;-)

400 ppm of CO2 is nothing special, 1,000 ppm of CO2 would be beneficial for the productivity of agriculture – which has already gone up a little bit, thanks to the slightly increased CO2 levels. The Earth has seen concentrations as high as 4,000 ppm or higher. It wasn't during the era of humans – but the era of humans is a tiny fraction of the Earth's history and when CO2 was around 4,000 ppm, our primate ancestors – whose physiology and climatic preferences don't really differ from ours – were already alive.

Moreover, he was allowed to clarify that if the questions were neutrally enough asked, about a half of the scientists would be on his side.

Burn, baby, burn.

Via Bishop Hill.

Less optimistically, the media are full of the claims by "citizen scientists" around John Cook who claim that 97% of the relevant papers support the "global warming consensus". It's bizarre. I participated in the survey and in my random sample, there were 50% of papers that supported the consensus only.

Moreover, Cook promised me to send me the results but I was never sent them. For too many reasons, I just don't believe that Cook et al. possess elementary human honesty.

posted by luboš motl at 6:53 pm

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 20:05:50 |Display all floors

All the cut and paste from the work of crooks and paid propagandists do not make a Rat into a scholar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 20:06:44 |Display all floors

rat, got good hobby and good habits don't want.

want to be a rat, remain a rat and always a rat.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.