Author: gaiacomm

American Republic People to surround White House for 3 days   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-13 20:10:50 |Display all floors
It can be done: More than 10,000 protesters surrounded the White House on Sunday calling on President Obama to reject the proposed Keystone XL tar sands oil pipeline from Canada to the Gulf Coast. The protest came exactly a year before the 2012 election, and the pipeline is shaping up to be a major political issue. Last week, President Obama said for the first time he will make the final decision on whether to approve the controversial 1,700-mile pipeline proposed by TransCanada, which would transport oil from the Alberta tar sands fields to refineries in Texas. Up until now, Obama said the final decision rested with the State Department. "[Sunday’s protest] really underlined that this has become not only the biggest environmental flash point in many, many years, but maybe the issue in recent times in the Obama administration when he’s been most directly confronted by people in the street," said leading environmentalist Bill McKibben, a key organizer in the protest

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 09:41:43 |Display all floors
gaiacomm Post time: 2013-6-13 12:04
Ok, roninxian, what would you really like know. You seem to be just "spinning" words to take up sp ...

Oh, I'm not spinning words.  It is YOU whose words and concepts change with each posting.  All I am saying, and have said, in this posting of yours is that you don't have both of your oars in the water.
I have disputed all you have propounded here yet you never have any back up to your claims except for "just wait and see".  I have made a mental not to "wait and see".  But I'm afraid I'm going to be so disappointed when you don't show up in Washington, D.C.  Or at least if you do, there will not be 3,000,000 but only 1, 2, or 3, wondering, "where is everyone else."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 20:35:20 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-6-14 09:41
Oh, I'm not spinning words.  It is YOU whose words and concepts change with each posting.  All I a ...

"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower."

Adolf Hitler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 20:39:17 |Display all floors
Oh, I'm not spinning words.  It is YOU whose words and concepts change with each posting.  All I a ...

“It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.”
Adolf Hitler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 20:43:01 |Display all floors

“How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.”
Adolf Hitler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 21:45:25 |Display all floors

"White House Down"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 20:03:02 |Display all floors
Protesters will press on with their sit-in at an Istanbul park, an activist said Saturday, defying government appeals and a warning from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan for the two-week standoff that has fanned nationwide demonstrations to end.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.