Author: gaiacomm

American Republic People to surround White House for 3 days   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-13 09:32:50 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-13 09:06
Not simplistic, just a fact there is nothing appealing about an independent in itself for any reaso ...

Point one, if a mainstream party looses out to an independant it makes then at least sit up and think where they are going wrong, that can not be a bad thing. Independants, once in office, tend to be more open and put things in the public domain that the main parties would rather have kept quiet about. At least this is how it works in the UK. Is the US more diverse than the UK? If so in what way.

Point 2, a campaign budget of $1 for a district campaign is crazy. In the last general election in the UK the Labour party only spent £8m ( around $12m ) for the whole country, the 6 major parties put together spent around £30m, most Uk citizens think this is excessive. If people are going into politics to make money then they are going in with the wrong idea, it should be about serving the people.

How many US politicians actually totally contribute and how many sit on the side lines toeing the party line? What percentage of election pledges are broken in the US? Some of my views are considered very right, some very left, where does that leave me? Down the middle does not fit.

If you read back you will see that I advocate the Greek style of early democracy, not the Roman style. Having people take office on a more random basis usually means that you get a better cross section than by taking only those who want to be politicians. The world is getting more and more professional politicians who know nothing about real life, leaving university to go straight into politics.

Regarding the knowledge of history, maybe your boast is correct, maybe it was incorrect but it has nothing to do with the fundamentely flawed political system in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 09:56:59 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-13 07:18
Maybe it is rebellion on my part, the more my wife nags me about my keys the more likely I am to l ...

That is a good reason...... our subconscious mind plays dirty tricks on us.... and those we love.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-13 09:59:07 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-6-13 09:56
That is a good reason...... our subconscious mind plays dirty tricks on us.... and those we love.  ...

I am not sure it is subconscious! It is like me being hard of hearing, a problem that only seems to happen when listening to my wife

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 10:03:01 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-13 09:59
I am not sure it is subconscious! It is like me being hard of hearing, a problem that only seems t ...

I always listened to my wife..... so that she would regret it.... Regret was always short lived, and she would carry on as normal...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 10:16:04 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-6-13 10:03
I always listened to my wife..... so that she would regret it.... Regret was always short lived, a ...

My stock answer is " Yes dear" works most of the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 11:38:49 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-13 10:16
My stock answer is " Yes dear" works most of the time.

No flies on you....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 12:04:48 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-6-13 09:16
Most call it confusion.

Ok, roninxian, what would you really like know. You seem to be just "spinning" words to take up space. What is your goal on this thread? What would you like to read? Is it truth or conjecture? You have the next move. Think carefully, or just write nonsense...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.