Author: gaiacomm

American Republic People to surround White House for 3 days   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-13 04:19:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-13 07:18:58 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-6-13 02:02
The truth is I don't know.... I seem to make a mental note of where I left them. Perhaps the reali ...

Maybe it is rebellion on my part, the more my wife nags me about my keys the more likely I am to lose them!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-13 07:24:17 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-13 04:19
Not at all, in large countries like the US this is a given. Politicis ALWAYS have a regional asp ...

We will have to disagree on this, I find the fact that every citizen can stand for election without party support nearer to democracy than the US system. If a politician only serves the marginal groups after election it is highly unlikely he would get in again.

If you want true democracy you would have to go back to the ancient Greeks where government was not elected, people were selected by lottery and had to do the job ( like for jury service nowadays. ), this had a better result all in all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:33:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:45:55 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-13 08:33
What you are mistaking is the difference between direct democracy and indirect democracy, Aka repub ...

Your ideas are too simplistic, to get elected in the US you need two things, the backing of a party and then lots and lots of cash. In the UK independents have been elected to parliament on a shoestring budget, this can not happen in the US.

As to your idea about each party having different views so that is OK, that is rubbish, you may like half the ideas of one side and half the ideas of the other so where to go from there?

The US does not have a true democracy and the real power is down to a handful of people, most Senators and Representatives never express their own opinions, only those of the party.

Where do you get the idea it was the Romans who invented democracy? It was the Greeks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 09:06:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 09:16:12 |Display all floors
gaiacomm Post time: 2013-6-12 20:59
some call it "magic"...

Most call it confusion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.