Views: 32723|Replies: 94

Chinese women and money   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-29 06:57:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by truthbetold1 at 2013-4-29 07:16

I've had many debates with my friends regarding this topic and the one thing that gets me is Chinese women and money.
Before people start saying this phenomenon does'nt only relate to Chinese woman, let me stop you there and say generally spoken it does compared to the more independent cultural attitudes of most western women.

It's not unusual for most Chinese women to want to marry a guy that is successful with some wealth behind him, weather she is a cold blooded gold digger or a warm hearted woman who is looking for love and financial security.
Now the thing that confuses me is once she finds a successful guy she is likely to do two things.

1, Given that he is already wealthy and successful, she thinks after marrying him that he is unable to look after the finances and that he needs help in saving money and controlling the finances. All this considering that she most likely hasn't contributed a penny from her own finances and in buying the house.

2, Demand to take control of the finances so she knows that any money that "she gives" him isn't going to be spent on any mistresses.

Point one is too assuming to comment on, however point 2 tells me that women who enter a marriage then want to control the finances as a way to stop their husbands from cheating should not get married in the first place if there is that much lack of trust.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 09:05:50 |Display all floors
Look nowadays, most women would love to marry any foreigers, assumed maybe not a gold gigger, but the "gold" is already grown on his head.

Rich Asian men also don't anyhow marry local women, for fear of her using mercury to lure all the gold posession of the men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 17:02:40 |Display all floors
If you have a problem with the culture, don't marry a Chinese woman.  But I think you will find that universally a woman looks for security........one way or another.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 17:08:50 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-4-29 17:02
If you have a problem with the culture, don't marry a Chinese woman.  But I think you will find that ...

Nothing to do with me wanting to marry a Chinese woman or not, it's an observation and this is a forum for discussion. You are right security for woman is universal but security itself has many meanings and don't focus on money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 17:15:24 |Display all floors
truthbetold1 Post time: 2013-4-29 17:08
Nothing to do with me wanting to marry a Chinese woman or not, it's an observation and this is a f ...

so how would a man with no home, no job and no money provide security for a wife?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 21:32:16 |Display all floors
any women not just chinese women...do you like to work or just sittin around allday long or walk around in the mall  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 07:28:13 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-4-29 17:15
so how would a man with no home, no job and no money provide security for a wife?

Yes having money, house and jobs help financially, but selecting your future partner should not only be based on these aspects.
Take 'Bristols' 'HK Guys and Chinese GFs/2nd Wives' for example even though he talked about HK guys, you know and I know this is more than common for mainland guys as well. My point is that most of these guys are married and have money and plenty of it, thats why they can afford to splash out on their 'Xiao sans'
Woman who only see the financial security as a prerequisite for marriage can lose sight of the security of love and trust. They need to know the type of person they are marrying and reach deeper into their own hearts rather than into the pockets of others. There is no long-term security in a marriage based on finance and assets.
If you are married and one day you had the misfortune to lose everything in terms of finance, would it be fair that you partner leave you and find someone else who is more financially capable of providing security for her?
Everyone has the right to choose the life they want, some choose luxury over love, well good luck to that them.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.